Biggest and best shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seahaul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are heading to California and wondered where the biggest and best dive shops are. From San Diego to San Fran?
Thanks

Fair enough on the bigger is best comments. I’m looking for selection at decent prices. It’s often hard to try things and hold items in smaller shops as they don’t carry a lot of stock. We typically have to order online or at a shop having only seen pictures or trusting reviews.

thx!

We are heading to California and wondered where the biggest and best dive shops are. From San Diego to San Fran?
Thanks

Karim & Co. at Hollywood Divers has always been a great help when I've been down there...

But really helps to know what you are looking for?

_R

Thanks

You will be better off figuring out which brands and products you're looking for, since most dive shops only carry a select few brands, and hitting those shops. Also, if you're just walking in off the street looking for a one-time deal, most dive shop owners will figure there's no chance of a longer term relationship or repeat business, so you'll have a harder time scoring killer deals. Keep in mind supply chains everywhere are really screwed up, so actually finding specific merchandise in stock may be problematic also. Getting specific wetsuit brands / models / sizes is a challenge.

I haven't been there, but scuba.com has a retail store in Costa Mesa

House of Scuba in San Diego has alot of inventory on site. Ocean Enterprises, also in San Diego, is another big dive shop.

Back
Top Bottom