Bigger display computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RacerX113

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently have a Mares Smart Pro wrist computer. It works well but lets just say i'm having a little bit of a hard time reading the smaller details while diving. Can read them fine with cheaters on. :)

So I'm looking for a watch style with a little bigger easier to read display. Cost is always a factor, but interested in what you guys would recommend.

Thanks,
Doug

Check out the Shearwater Peregrine. Large sharp color display runs $495ish

I think that is exactly what I need. Do you have it...like it?

I have the Perdix, its the Peregrines big brother, and the Teric. I have checked one the Peregrine while other people have been diving with it. Very similar to what I have and I am recommending to my dad for his next computer. He is having the same problems reading his at the moment.
I love my perdix and from what I have seen the Peregrine is awesome.

Check out the Shearwater Peregrine. Large sharp color display runs $495ish

Did not take long " buy a Shearwater".
Peregrine, have it, love it , bought for the same reason you want a change "bigger easier to read display".
And easy to use .
I am yet to find a watch size/style computer I can read, Teric comes close, but a bit 'rich' for me.

Save some money and just put some adhesive reading lenses in the bottom edge of your mask…unless you really want a new computer. I finally moved my Heli02 to the spare parts bin and picked up a Shearwater Perdix AI

if the perdix is not large enough, the pro plus X is basically the only one with larger text (iirc the atomic cobalt got discontinued)

I already have bifocal lenses in my mask and went with the Shearwater Peregrine and love it, so much easier to ready, the colors really make it easier.

Yeah, sounds like what you need. A bit larger than a watch style, but not too big. Nice, bright display.

I have the Perdix AI. The Perdix AI has a few things the Peregrine does not, but other than those differences, they behave very similarly.

Perdix AI has a compass, AI, and tech capabilities like tri mix, tech display, etc. if you don’t need any of those, the Peregrine will be perfect.

Unless you need a huge console sized display, I think you’ll have a hard time finding a computer that’s as easy to read and use for the price.

Having a integrated compass would be a really nice feature, but the other features would be wasted on me. Think you guys are right... the features, display and price it's going to be hard to beat this one. Looks like my girlfriend will be getting my Mares...her eyes are still good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom