Big & Small in Bonaire (Canon S90)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
newly land-locked in Cinci-freaking-natti
# of dives
The S90 in Bonaire - Ike Housing

a friendly Eagle Ray that stayed around for about 5 mins.
expIMG_0983.jpg

Eagle Ray
expIMG_1006.jpg

and the little blenny
expIMG_1217.jpg

Gorgeous photos! My wife, friend & I have been to Bonaire 3 times; this 3'rd trip my buddy & I finally saw spotted eagle rays, 2 of them (separately). Love those shots you got.

Richard.

Beautiful photos! What site was the eagle ray taken at? I think I have pictures of that anchor.

Last edited:
Would love to know more about the specific rig these photos were taken with.

Macro or wide angle lens?

Strobe?

thanks all.
The Eagle Ray was somewhere between Bari Reef and Capt Dons, early morning. It's a great reef which I did many times (starting a Bari/Sand Dollar and heading North for 40 mins or so before turning around). Always lots to see on it, and easy entry/exit so excellent for early mornings or at night.

Ikelite housing, internal flash only as I was traveling light. Shot in RAW and post processed in Lightroom just to set WB temps for the Eagle Ray. I think for the Eagle Ray I may have just been using ambient light as it was shallow and very clear water (I'll have to check the EXIF data on my other computer to be sure). No external lens - pretty impressive close focusing abilities for the blenny (my previous camera, the S80 was unable to get these critters in focus). It is of course cropped somewhat.

I uploaded my fave 24 here if anyone is interested:
http://stuartphunt.com/coppermine//thumbnails.php?album=60

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom