Big Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a new brand of boots as it appears that my favorite company has gone out of business (at least their website no longer exists, or any record I can find of them)

For those familiar with XXL Jets, I need a pair of wetboots in a size 13 or preferably 14 that has a very thick and wide sole to fit in the "garage" sized foot pocket.

My current pair, which are just starting to wear out after 200 dives are lug soled Ranger boots from High-Tide. They have a good, but none too tight fit (iow- little loose)

What other neoprene wet boots have folks found that will fit XXL Jets?

Aloha, Tim

I'd like to stay away from the Rockboot style boots as I've heard many folks say they inhibit your ankle flexibility. But thanks for the idea.

The Bare version i got is like a set of mid top sneakers , and are no more restrictive than a set of wetsuit style booties . My 12's fit my turtles perfect , they may be slightly small in the xxl jets.

Check out the Deep See Koral King boots:

www.deepseeinc.com/products/koral_king.html

I wear a 10.5 shoe and use these boot in size 11 w/ my Turtles and they fill the foot pocket very nicely. They are a 5mm, combined w/ a thick sole. I paid ~$35 at a local LDS.

John

Try typhoon or waterproof...they do do extra extra large sizes

kidspot:
My current pair, which are just starting to wear out after 200 dives are lug soled Ranger boots from High-Tide. They have a good, but none too tight fit (iow- little loose)

Tim - my LDS still has some in stock. What size do you need? I can check to see what they have.

Ray

I'm looking for 4XL - My "nlds" (non local dive shop) in New Jersey (like you) has a pair left too for $49 - what's your shops price? (you're lds wouldn't happen to be mar-vel would it?)

btw - any chance your shop also carries the Pro6.5 from Hightide as well? If so are they as large a sole as the rangers? I couldn't tell from the pics I've seen in the past.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
I'm looking for 4XL - My "nlds" (non local dive shop) in New Jersey (like you) has a pair left too for $49 - what's your shops price? (you're lds wouldn't happen to be mar-vel would it?)

btw - any chance your shop also carries the Pro6.5 from Hightide as well? If so are they as large a sole as the rangers? I couldn't tell from the pics I've seen in the past.

Aloha, Tim

Will stop in there tomorrow and check - they do usually have a ton of High-Tide stuff in stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom