Big Blue TL4500 on a goodman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ORsolodiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting my tec training soon and need to upgrade my light. I'm currently diving sidemount and would rather avoid a canister light if possible. That being said, the larger cordless lights can be a bit bulky.

How well does something like the tl4500 work on a Goodman handle? My main concern is I have the kubi dryglove system and the rings are a bit large. I want to avoid have the light banging around on the rings. This light is about 6" long so I don't know if that would be an issue.

Another option is the 3100 supreme which is a bit shorter. Right now there are some good deals on these older models and I can get either one for a similar price.

I'm looking to get about a 4 hour burn time so I can do a couple of long dives in a day.

Any thoughts or experiences with either of these lights?

Thanks!

No problem with the goodman...im diving the tl4800p...4 hours on level 2 or the big bonus with this type of light is the ability to swap a battery between dives. I know a good source for these lights...PM and I can point you in the right direction

Just got a new 4800 myself and mounted to a Goodman. I use Si-Tec rings on a Fusion, with larger rubber pull-overs, and although it seems a bit bulky, I didn't find any problems.

I don't use dry gloves but use 5th he GoSidemount Goodman handle on mine and it works great as long as you secure it to the soft Goodman handle

That’s what I use for serious dives. I use the compact sized handle. The regular size is really large.

I have slagging rings on my ex2 and do not have a problem with that system and the light and handle.

I'm starting my tec training soon and need to upgrade my light. I'm currently diving sidemount and would rather avoid a canister light if possible. That being said, the larger cordless lights can be a bit bulky.

How well does something like the tl4500 work on a Goodman handle? My main concern is I have the kubi dryglove system and the rings are a bit large. I want to avoid have the light banging around on the rings. This light is about 6" long so I don't know if that would be an issue.

Another option is the 3100 supreme which is a bit shorter. Right now there are some good deals on these older models and I can get either one for a similar price.

I'm looking to get about a 4 hour burn time so I can do a couple of long dives in a day.

Any thoughts or experiences with either of these lights?

Thanks!
I have a 4500 and I use it with goodman glove- its great for penetration diving -its got a narrow beam so not ideal for video unless you like that vignette effect. if im doing a recreational dive ill not take it as its a bit of an overkill -but for no light penetration it leaves other torches for dead.
one thing i dont like is that its a bit on the bulky side for my dive set up ( sidemount) I wear it on my right hand and if i have multiple cylinders its a squeeze to slide my hand down to unclip tanks. (But its not a major)
youll get 2 x 60 minute dives in one charge but you can tone down the brightness so that youll get more burn time if required
edit -noticed you said goodman handle - id find it irritation to have it dangling down - so definitely consider a glove to keep your hands free

when you buy this light it comes with the soft version of the goodman handle. I prefer the hard goodman handle and they sell these seperately... i think they are around $50. Extra batteries are around $85ish. Either way...cut the cord! you won't regret it!

Thanks everyone! Is it easy to take off and clip it to a D ring with a soft goodman? Not sure how easy the Velcro wrist straps would be easy to undo with the drygloves. I will probably need to be able to take it off easy to reach behind me for my pouch and stages.

Thanks everyone! Is it easy to take off and clip it to a D ring with a soft goodman? Not sure how easy the Velcro wrist straps would be easy to undo with the drygloves. I will probably need to be able to take it off easy to reach behind me for my pouch and stages.

No it is not easy. I am currently changing my HP50 from the soft goodman to a LightMonkey hard goodman, just so it is easy to swap hands with the light. There are numerous occasions that would be better served if you were easily able to move your light from one hand to the other. Or to remove the light easily and clip it to your upper d-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom