BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My quick read through the entire thread gives the impression of conflicting interpretations, statutes and opinion pieces from people who should know, but who perhaps would change their mind if push came to shove. Perhaps the time and energy being put into this thread could be better put to use getting the appropriate position codified in the local ordinances.

Whom would I lobby in the government in order to make my opinions heard? I have my own preference for what should happen (I fear a tragedy of the commons situation), but would abide and respect by whatever the law of the land is.

Guess we can add racist to your list of sins too dan. Your not fully briefed on the level of education of those in the video nor do you care. I have tried to give you resonable options and ways to work with others. Examples of how being Honest and working with others can help but instead you look for reasons to hate and then you belittle out of that hate.

Your clearly filled with hate and you will die with that hate. Like a scared child you cling to that hate like a blanket.

Let me make some thing clear to you dan I wont take on your hate on as my own no matter how hard you try. Your hate will corrupt your mind body and soul and you wont be passing the buck to me any time soon. passing around that hate is a agregouse sin in my book. I wont contribute any more effort into getting you to stop hate cause you have no intrest in acting out of any thing but hate.

Your concern for BHB is a shallow and transparent excuse to attack others with that hate. I only hope others can see threw you and dont fall into the trap of failure you your self have fallen into. As human beings we make decisions as a comunity if you cant deal with that, and work within that, and react to somone telling you that, adressing the comunity with honesty and respect is the best way to get things done, with some thing other than hate.

Then your a hateful sociopath doomed to failure.

I really wish you understood more of what you read....
This is about literacy... From Wikipedia.....Literacy in AfricaIn Sub-Saharan Africa, literacy is associated with colonialism, whereas orality is associated with native traditions.[29]

In Ethiopia, a national literacy campaign introduced in 1975 increased literacy rates to between 37% (unofficial) and 63% (official) by 1984.[30] However, literacy in the Amharic language is seen as negative among other ethnicities,[clarification needed] leading to greater amounts of illiteracy in that country.[citation needed]

and , from http://www.unesco.org/education/GMR2006/full/africa_eng.pdf

Sub-Saharan Africa1
EFA Global
Monitoring
2 0 0 6
Literacy, besides being a fundamental human right, is a foundation not only for achieving EFA2 but,
more broadly, for reaching the overarching goal of reducing human poverty. And yet, 140 million
adults in sub-Saharan Africa lack the basic learning tools to make informed decisions and participate
fully in the development of their societies. Tackling the literacy challenge is a moral and development
imperative for governments. It requires strengthening efforts to expand education and improve
its quality, scaling up youth and adult learning opportunities, and developing literate environments.

The point being, without tertiary education, the right decisions will not be made, good infrastructures can not be created ( not statistically likely) without it, and this has zero to do with racism. Read a few books on Anthropology--study some cultures, and begin to be able to see trends....

Another statistical probability.....that 99% of the scubaboard members reading this thread understood my comments to be about the need for education, and only YOU were not able to grasp this.....I think overall, most people in this thread are quite well educated, with the exception of Teljkon and maybe one other new poster with similar problems in expressing written ideas, or understanding the written ideas of others.

Againe you twist the reality to fit your own needs last time I checked the guy dilivering the speech was from the same place as the speech was adressing. Seemed smart to me.

So we can add bigot to your sins as well. Know any one who cant read is a idiot not worthy huh dan. You clearly only have respect for one kind of intellegence and thats why your so lacking in all other areas I would guess.

Once againe you lace your response with hateful digs to hid your own ineptitude of understanding. Not to mention puting in facts that have jack to nil to do with the concept of conservation. Your intire point is to make any one that would say this is a great example for how conservationist and those using the land can work together feel ignorant and stupid. Your only goal has been to disarm the concept I have been floating using hate and shame. Even worse you do it by calling those it has worked for ignorant and stupid cause there in your own words "uneducated Africans".

@splitlip Uneducated Africans sounds racist to me. Nothing dan does is out of positve emotions its all out of hate so why would his stance on race be any diffrent.

Againe you twist the reality to fit your own needs last time I checked the guy dilivering the speech was from the same place as the speech was adressing. Seemed smart to me.

So we can add bigot to your sins as well. Know any one who cant read is a idiot not worthy huh dan. You clearly only have respect for one kind of intellegence and thats why your so lacking in all other areas I would guess.

Once againe you lace your response with hateful digs to hid your own ineptitude of understanding. Not to mention puting in facts that have jack to nil to do with the concept of conservation. Your intire point is to make any one that would say this is a great example for how conservationist and those using the land can work together feel ignorant and stupid. Your only goal has been to disarm the concept I have been floating using hate and shame. Even worse you do it by calling those it has worked for ignorant and stupid cause there in your own words "uneducated Africans".

@splitlip Uneducated Africans sounds racist to me. Nothing dan does is out of positve emotions its all out of hate so why would his stance on race be any diffrent.
Actually, I was suggesting that YOUR opinions would have more value if you gained an education. Right now, you are a POSTER CHILD for why the uneducated NEED help.

I suppose the UN is racist as well? :crafty:

http://www.uis.unesco.org/TEMPLATE/pdf/EducGeneral/UIS_Fact Sheet_2006_02_SecAfr_EN.pdf

DAMN, will you two stop, you're both acting like a couple of puerile children.

"puerile children"; that's redundant isn't it? IJS. :)

I'm ready to quit posting to this thread....in an effort to appear less childish, I'll let teljkon have the last word. :) I think we have already covered everything in this thread that would be worth covering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom