BHB collection/protection discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was just a dig at me Dan. I have handled you with nothing more than tact and fairness so I wold aprreciate you not talking to me any more as apparently you cant converse with out insulting others like a childe.

So i have to say the same could be said about your need to seek a phsyciatrist to take care of your need to be a bully. I can conclude that you have some reason to need to feel bigger than others is it because your balding up top or is it that your lacking in the trousers IDK. But I would appreciate you taking it out some other way Better yet why dont you go talk it threw with some one who knows about this kinda thing. Hope you never run acrossed somone who is think skinned dan as they may do something drastic.

This should not be so hard for you to understand....but I will simplify for you again...
I dont like poachers. I don't like people that collect tropicals at the BHB. I will not be nice to these poachers, and I will make every effort to make them feel unwelcome at the BHB, as well as on any thread involving the BHB on scubaboard.
I could only hope you would turn out to be thin skinned.

Since obviously your next post would be to claim you are not legally poaching if you collect at BHB...
....We will call it poaching when the vast majority of the people who use the resource--the park, consider it a no take zone for tropicals, and where this sentiment is well known to the collectors.....This is the mentality of a poacher.

Thats where your wrong dan I dont collect at all never have. I dont like LIARS and I will stand up to any one I see spreading Lies and disinformation any time I see it. Your assumptions have made a real a double S out of you. Factually If you werent such a dick I might have sided with you even helped the effort. But I dont associate with Dicks and LIARs.

Your behavior though has kinda made me conclude that folks from the conservation side of things are A Double S hats and perhaps I should hang out with the Collectors more often they seem to have a ablitiy you have yet to develope called manners.

Thats where your wrong dan I dont collect at all never have. I dont like LIARS and I will stand up to any one I see spreading Lies and disinformation any time I see it. Your assumptions have made a real a double S out of you. Factually If you werent such a dick I might have sided with you even helped the effort. But I dont associate with Dicks and LIARs.

Your behavior though has kinda made me conclude that folks from the conservation side of things are A Double S hats and perhaps I should hang out with the Collectors more often they seem to have a ablitiy you have yet to develope called manners.

What is it they say...Lie down with dogs and wake up with fleas?....Whether you collected in the past or not, you already enjoy the association with the collectors.
And they probably will be nicer to you.
Manners are reserved for the 99.9% of people on this board I respect.
Poachers do not deserve respect from me, or anyone else here. Same would be true of "wanna-be poachers" .

Last edited:
TRUTH is very important knowing truth and fact is what all sound decisions are made on and any form of difusion, confusion, or disinformation. Will always have negative results for the parties propagating it. It is hard to get back trust.

Note the last line from the first post I made in this thread.

Hell of a job recruting folks to your cause dan.

If you are not a collector, why are you taking their position? It is quite clear that 99% of the posters on SB are advocates of overseeing that no illegal collection of tropicals takes place within the protected areas of the park. Since you agree, come join us on a dive soon...

I have not taken any position other than my own and tyhat position is dont lie to others about the county law being moot. When you lie and demonize others you only help the problem and spread hate. In my personal opinion thats alot worse of a action than the initial act of taking a animal. Secondly why is taking a wild animal a position and not what it is harvesting nature. Overly extrem viewpoints, demonization of others, and subversive actions ar all negatives that will only bread more negatives.

http://www.ted.com/talks/john_kasaona_from_poachers_to_caretakers.html

I have not taken any position other than my own and tyhat position is dont lie to others about the county law being moot. When you lie and demonize others you only help the problem and spread hate. In my personal opinion thats alot worse of a action than the initial act of taking a animal. Secondly why is taking a wild animal a position and not what it is harvesting nature. Overly extrem viewpoints, demonization of others, and subversive actions ar all negatives that will only bread more negatives.

John Kasaona: How poachers became caretakers | Video on TED.com

No, diminishing the populations of tropicals for all to enjoy is far worse than any bickering taking place here IMO...

John Kasaona: How poachers became caretakers | Video on TED.com

interesting....So you see a strong similarity exists between this situation in Africa and your own....You are aware of course, that the population you are comparing yourself to is uneducated, even by your standards....they don't know any better than to poach..kind of like some at the BHB....but no way would we consider solutions anything like those discussed in the video.

If you want to be a care taker, maybe you should try to get a job at the Dreher Park Zoo ?

Guess we can add racist to your list of sins too dan. Your not fully briefed on the level of education of those in the video nor do you care. I have tried to give you resonable options and ways to work with others. Examples of how being Honest and working with others can help but instead you look for reasons to hate and then you belittle out of that hate.

Your clearly filled with hate and you will die with that hate. Like a scared child you cling to that hate like a blanket.

Let me make some thing clear to you dan I wont take on your hate on as my own no matter how hard you try. Your hate will corrupt your mind body and soul and you wont be passing the buck to me any time soon. passing around that hate is a agregouse sin in my book. I wont contribute any more effort into getting you to stop hate cause you have no intrest in acting out of any thing but hate.

Your concern for BHB is a shallow and transparent excuse to attack others with that hate. I only hope others can see threw you and dont fall into the trap of failure you your self have fallen into. As human beings we make decisions as a comunity if you cant deal with that, and work within that, and react to somone telling you that, adressing the comunity with honesty and respect is the best way to get things done, with some thing other than hate.

Then your a hateful sociopath doomed to failure.

You are really out of line with this one. Dan is no racist.

He is a conservationist and works diligently to identify the sources of bacteria outbreaks that imperil the dive site, in addition to other causes. The fact that poachers can dive safely at the BHB is due in part to his efforts. He won't toot his horn so I will. I only met Dan last November, but have known of him for years, so don't try to say I am supporting a "buddy".

I would agree that the populations in that part of the world are for the most part uneducated or they would not have gone down the road they did in the first place. It does not make me a racist by any stretch of the definition. You don't know me or my family. :)

Guess we can add racist to your list of sins too dan. Your not fully briefed on the level of education of those in the video nor do you care. I have tried to give you resonable options and ways to work with others. Examples of how being Honest and working with others can help but instead you look for reasons to hate and then you belittle out of that hate.

Your clearly filled with hate and you will die with that hate. Like a scared child you cling to that hate like a blanket.

Let me make some thing clear to you dan I wont take on your hate on as my own no matter how hard you try. Your hate will corrupt your mind body and soul and you wont be passing the buck to me any time soon. passing around that hate is a agregouse sin in my book. I wont contribute any more effort into getting you to stop hate cause you have no intrest in acting out of any thing but hate.

Your concern for BHB is a shallow and transparent excuse to attack others with that hate. I only hope others can see threw you and dont fall into the trap of failure you your self have fallen into. As human beings we make decisions as a comunity if you cant deal with that, and work within that, and react to somone telling you that, adressing the comunity with honesty and respect is the best way to get things done, with some thing other than hate.

Then your a hateful sociopath doomed to failure.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom