Better Late Than Never

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffCinFL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone! I've been diving out of Miami Beach, FL since 2015 but embarrassed to say I'm just now learning about ScuabaBoard as I've been researching trustworthy places to sell some used gear to fellow divers. I think PADI was trying to promote/build their own online community, digital logbook, etc at the time if I recall correctly?

-PADI Advanced Open Water

Always fascinated by scuba diving and the incredible life and beauty hidden underwater but officially got the bug when I did a Discover Scuba Diving excursion as part of a cruise vacation. I thought "wow this is so easy!" Our entire "training" took place on the boat ride out to the dive site :) It was fairly shallow although I still managed to quickly run through my first tank of air just bobbing up and down with my inflator thinking I was controlling a flying jet-pack, probably kicked up about 3 metric tons of sand leaving a trail of clouds like I was Pig-Pen from Charlie Brown. But it was so much fun! The seed was planted.

My first real instructor had a lot to un-teach but it was worth it. Luckily he had the patience of a saint.

We have a lot of cool sites and shipwrecks to dive in South Florida, thanks to both man-made corral reefs and...old fashioned fate. Had the opportunity to do some travel diving through the Bahamas (Bimini, etc.) and amazing sites in the Cayman Islands.

Glad to finally find everyone here!

Jeff

Welcome to SB, Jeff!

Hello and welcome! I am about as far from you as is possible to get in the lower 48.

Hello and welcome! I am about as far from you as is possible to get in the lower 48.
Haha, wow I even looked at the map and you're not kidding, thank you!

Of course you're also responsible for the Google Maps rabbit hole I just got into. Funny to realize some folks in the beautiful rural areas have neighbors across the street that are in another country.

Haha, wow I even looked at the map and you're not kidding, thank you!

Of course you're also responsible for the Google Maps rabbit hole I just got into. Funny to realize some folks in the beautiful rural areas have neighbors across the street that are in another country.
We also have parts of the county that can only be reached by travelling through another country. On the topic of geographic oddities, the capitol of the Canadian province of British Columbia is actually about 30 miles south of here. We also very nearly had a war with the British over a pig once.

We also have parts of the county that can only be reached by travelling through another country. On the topic of geographic oddities, the capitol of the Canadian province of British Columbia is actually about 30 miles south of here. We also very nearly had a war with the British over a pig once.
The things you learn on Scubaboard! Raised and educated in Canada and somehow that particular incident was never covered in our Social Studies history classes...

That photo of yours

are you going for the job as president of something or a spot on SNL

Back
Top Bottom