Better goodman handle (for Orcatorch D630)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subcooled

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you suggest me a minimalist rigid goodman handle without huge wheels and with a thinner handle to grab etc? I might also try to run a bungee cord over the light head in front of the button.

This is my first goodman handle, so tell me if I have some strange ideas.

The long story:

I replaced my C-cell powered 700 lm max handheld light with an Orcatorch D630 canister light. This new light provides hugely more light and has an ok beam for signalling. The beam could be tighter and focusable but at this price point I am quite happy with this upgrade. There are better lights out there, but they cost more. Overall, I am very happy.

However, the goodman handle is not all that great, is it?

I am holding the light in my left hand. Two problems:

#1 The taller end of the goodman handle with its huge wheel is on the left hand side, on the outside. Hence, I cannot grab it with my right hands thumb and it's more exposed too. This goodman handle can unfortunately not be rotated by 180 degrees due to its design. Or so it seems. I do not have a DPV but all that stuff on the outside is not nice.

#2 The default goodman handle with all of its features is too big and bulky to my taste.

Piece of 4 inch abs pipe. Heat in oven to desired arc. 4 holes 3/16 bunge.

I hate normal Goodman handles

Attachments

• 16313970558666791047320649878744.jpg
    16313970558666791047320649878744.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 217
Piece of 4 inch abs pipe. Heat in oven to desired arc. 4 holes 3/16 bunge.

I hate normal Goodman handles

I have been using a soft goodman handle. It fit like a glove and it was mostly great. But when I had to do tie offs etc. then the light was always getting in the way. This time I want something that is easy to don/doff and clip. What you suggested as a solution, would be better than my soft goodman handle, but possibly not optimal for all tasks.

I will sometimes move the second bungee to my wrist and still have one on my hand... moves the light back and still stays put...

If you find a solution let me know. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom