Better book your 2021 trips earlier than later.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Different flights. Cozumel to Dallas cancelled . Put on Miami flight. Miami to San Diego canceled. Put on Miami to Philadelphia to san diego flight. That worked 48 hrs later
I am confused. You posted that hundreds of folks were stranded by AA in Cozumel going to Miami and again in Miami. How long were folks stranded in Cozumel? In Miami? Did they ever get to their final destination?

Different flights. Cozumel to Dallas cancelled . Put on Miami flight. Miami to San Diego canceled. Put on Miami to Philadelphia to san diego flight. That worked 48 hrs later
That's a lot of miles to get from Cozumel to San Diego, nearly twice your initial itinerary :)

What was the date? We have had heavy storms for the last few weeks in DFW, I went down last weekend on Saturday because of weather here precluding my painting my patio deck, when I got back I had to pump 4" out of my pool to get the skimmer to work. How well does SAN operate with 4" of rain over a weekend? Loaded question my regional airline at one time was the most frequent operator in and out of Lindbergh Field so I know better.

So how many trips is this from So Cal... Is this a good deal or look elsewhere?
Boy, there is no easy answer there. Some cards give FF miles for playing their game, but what are those good for? American's Advantage plan says you can get a free one-way ticket for 7½K up to 500 miles or 12½K for over 500 miles. Those are the minimums possible but actual requirements vary by dates and flights totally up to their whims. Except to confuse things, I can find one-way Miami to LAX tickets some days for 6K, so what happened? Some brilliant agents with fancy computer algorithms work to keep you confused, but if you shop around and are very flexible, you can find bargains.

Except, the added fees vary a lot. $6 isn't much but an extra $100 is. You can be so happy at finding flights that sound good at low mileage, then notice that the extra fees are outrageous. I can find roundtrip fares LAX-MIA in August for $127 so why waste miles when the cash price is so cheap?

That Chase Saphire card is totally different. For a $95 fee and $4K in spending in 3 months, you can get 100K points good for $1,250 in travel, maybe. Can that $1,250 be used to buy $127 RT tickets or do you have to spend more on pricier tickets? You may need to organize your questions, call for discussion and answers, and be sure to get the agent's name & ID# just in case. It sounds better than the FF-miles game, but will it wash?

Best deal going is the SW companion pass I think. But you have to commit to flying southwest. And you have to have companion....

For another data point, I just booked Seattle-Cancun roundtrip nonstop tickets on Delta for next February for 22,000 miles each -- the fees were about $80/ticket for taxes, etc.

Testing.

I can't a Reply to post in A&I or a new Thread in Testing.

I wonder why I can here?

American Airlines just stranded several hundred on a Cozumel to Miami trip, delay caused misused flight in dallas. Then stranded hundreds more on Miami to San Diego and other flights. Many spent 3-6 hours in line for rebooking and hotel voucher. American has devolved into Spirit airlines, but American charges double to triple what Spirit and Southwest charge.
This question seems to be somewhat off the original subject of this thread, but I am going to ask a question related to it anyway. Does anyone know of a Scubaboard thread that addresses specifically the flight cancellation disasters that American had in Miami during the last week of June and on into July? Would you refer me to that? I am trying to locate people who were on Flight 2648 MIA to DCA on July 1. My family of 6 connected to that flight from Cozumel. It was supposed to leave at 7:40pm but was delayed to 9:09. At that time the door closed and preparation was being made to roll back, when a ramp agent's jacket was sucked into the plane's air conditioning compressor--this according to the pilot's PA announcement. A maintenance crew was called, but before they could appear, American cancelled the flight. My family of 6 was thrown into a 170 yard long line (~500 people) to rebook tickets. American finally texted us that we had been rebooked on different flights leaving Miami on July 3--2 days away and in the face of a hurricane headed to Miami. They initially said the flight was cancelled due to weather, thereby voiding any claim we had on reimbursement for lodging, food, and transportation. Later, American listed the official cause of the cancellation as "crew availability." By that time, we had bought $1500 in Southwest tickets just to get home. In case you are not familiar with travel insurance policies (we all had DAN's travel insurance), those policies cover trip interruption for weather and maintenance, but not crew availability. So, unless I can prove that the cancellation should have been due to an incident requiring maintenance, American has negated my travel insurance coverage. I am looking for other people who are witnesses and might want to join in a group complaint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom