Best wrecks in SE Florida to watch Grouper aggregations now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Castor is the best place to see Jewfish all year long. Even better during the aggregation season. Any boat at the Two Georges Marina can get you there. Underwater Explorers is my all time favorite there.

Corridor Wrecks in Palm Beach, Wreck Trek & MG111 in Jupiter and the Castor. Those are the ones to hit for the aggregation. Any (or all) of those!

Also the speed you do The Corridor all depends upon the current. You easily hit 4-5 wrecks in 45-50 min. This is drift diving at its best. Castor is the only wreck that is dived moored and it can have a killer current too. I’ve seen the current so strong you literally could not get down to the wreck. I’ve also been on it with no current at all. That’s how it goes in South FL.

For the Castor you can use Loggerhead, Starfish, Underwater Explorers or Splashdown. All out of the Boynton (Two George’s as Pete calls it) Marina.

Two Georges, Banana Boat, Hurricane Alley, all fine places, I would personally avoid them during Covid-19. The former two are in clear view as you come back into the marina. I would say masks and social distancing are simply not taking place. For now, I eat at home :). Let's see what happens over the Labor Day weekend... I avoided it

Edit 9/5: I haven't actually seen the behavior at Hurricane Alley, as it is a couple of blocks away from the marina. I should not disparage them without first hand knowledge, I apologize

Is Corridor Wreck Track good for this purpose or do I have to look for something else? 6 wrecks in, say, 45 min seems too fast for me.
Agree with rest of the comments.
Im only gonna add that on the WPB corridor wreck trek, most of the GGs are gonna be on the 1st wreck , the Ana Cecilia (This is assuming a normal north current).
You will probably spend most of your time there. The farther you go down the wreck trek the wrecks are more of "wreckage". But you will see big goliath groupers and the Ana Cecilia is an easy wreck to navigate thru.

Thanks everyone. I'll try to plan something based on your suggestions (if we go)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom