Best way to ship HP100 tanks ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think I've finally sold a set of doubles I was not using, but I need to ship them.

My initial plan was to remove the bands, manifolds and valves. Cover the end of the tanks, wrap the tanks together with duct tape and and somehow attach the box with the bands, manifold and valves to the bundle.

I'm certain I'm not the first person to have this problem, is there a better solution (other than to sell them locally) ?

Thanks!

1) Sell locally or close enough that you can meet. You should find someone in Portland or Seattle to buy hp100s no problem at all.

IF that doesn't work...
2) remove all hardware and put each tank its own cardboard tube (sonotubes are available at home depot, they are for pouring concrete in) tough enough for shipping. Make end caps for the tubes and make sure the tank can't slide around inside. 2 tanks = 2 tube packages
3) box up valves and bands separately and ship as 3 packages.

You will go broke packaging and shipping these compared to their used value/price. Sell locally...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom