Best way to handle logs when diving with 2 shearwater computers with new software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bassplayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone diving with 2 shearwater computers and using shearwater cloud for logs?
Up until now i've been manually chosing dives to import from one computer or the other. (using my teric as primary for rec dives and my perdix as primary for tech dives).

Yesterday, a firmware update came out. so I connected my perdix to get updated, and it automatically imported a pile of duplicate recreational dives - (the new auto-import behavior caught me by surprise).

How should I best be managing my logs? I want to have one copy of each dive log in shearwater cloud, and i want to have the freedom to connect to my computers in the future for updates or whatever without accidently filling my logs with dups.

Is there some way to get shearwater cloud to not import if a dive with the same number already exists or something like that? I do keep my dive numbers aligned on both computers.

I noticed the same thing yesterday. I just turned off auto connect on both of my computers. You can do that in the Bluetooth settings. That way you can once again choose which ones you want to sync.

I download both my Teric and my Perdix AI to the SW Cloud.
I don't see the problem with this.
If I want to see only (say) Teric dives, that is a simple click on the display to do the filtering.

Back
Top Bottom