best way to book Palace Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My sister and her family are not divers but are thinking about traveling to Cozumel in April.
I have not stayed at any of the resorts south of town so could not advise her on those.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

My sister and her family are not divers but are thinking about traveling to Cozumel in April.
I have not stayed at any of the resorts south of town so could not advise her on those.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

My non diving wife.and I stayed at the palace in 2009 and 2010 and really liked it. Beautiful rooms and the food was arguably the best AI food in Cozumel. Hotel is high rise with no beach except man made area by the great infinity pool with swim up bar. A great place for couples.

In 2011 due to a price hike at the Palace we chose the Occidental Grand on the south end. Food good but not as good as the palace. Grounds are really nice and they have a real beach area. Much better for families IMHO. Just asked my wife which she preferred and she surprised me by saying the Grand.

Also cab fares from the south end to town can add up yet we found that by the time you rent a car and pay for the Mexican insurance which is a must we were able to go to town each day of our eight day trip for about the same $ without the stress or risk.

My wife said hands down she would choose the grand if traveling with family especially kids

Gaffer

My non diving wife.and I stayed at the palace in 2009 and 2010 and really liked it. Beautiful rooms and the food was arguably the best AI food in Cozumel. Hotel is high rise with no beach except man made area by the great infinity pool with swim up bar. A great place for couples.

In 2011 due to a price hike at the Palace we chose the Occidental Grand on the south end. Food good but not as good as the palace. Grounds are really nice and they have a real beach area. Much better for families IMHO. Just asked my wife which she preferred and she surprised me by saying the Grand.
That's great to hear. After the last two trips at the Palace, we too are downsizing to the Grand in April. I'm looking forward to a shorter boat ride, maybe getting an extra 15 minutes to sleep. Even with the Royal Club upgrade, we're still looking at a $700 savings. If the food isn't as good, I won't have to worry about getting fat :)

Why not go next door to the Palace and stay at El Cantil? Albert usually includes breakfast upstairs at Prima in the rate and has pool side service during the day. You can walk into town for dinner and there are too many great places to eat IMHO to stay at a AI. Would you rather stay in a hotel room or a 2000 sq ft condo?

What you need to provide is their preferences. Absolute requirements if any. Highly desirable, etc. Any place may require trade-offs between their needs.

Back
Top Bottom