Best viz in the Great Lakes region. Using a DH reg to boot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Not many places can boast 100' viz but its not uncommon to find that in Fortune Pond in Crystal Falls, MI. This quarry is visited by numerous divers throughout the midwest. If you haven't been here, and you're within Michigan or Wisconsin, you really owe it to yourself to come check it out. Sorry, no shipwrecks. Just beautiful viz.

Thanks for sharing. I’m in the Ann Arbor, Michigan. I need to dive there. What kind of wildlife did you see?

I thought I was going to have to defend Tobermory's reputation for having the clearest water. Perhaps you should change your heading to "... Great Lakes Region"! :)

Neat video though!

Thanks for sharing. I’m in the Ann Arbor, Michigan. I need to dive there. What kind of wildlife did you see?
Just the Crappie this time. But there was a school of trout there in August. The DNR stock it fairly regularly. The other side of the quarry is shallower and it seems the trout tend to hang out there.

I thought I was going to have to defend Tobermory's reputation for having the clearest water. Perhaps you should change your heading to "... Great Lakes Region"! :)

Neat video though!
Good point. Not sure I know how with my phone but I'll look into it.

You don’t dive the Great Lakes for marine life. You dive them for the wrecks.

ETA: Just saw it was some small body of water. I’m with @Stoo on Toby.

Agreed about Toby. We were shore diving there a week ago . Vis was great. Easily 30m, but even greater was lack of big city tourists. There was literally no body there. :)

Good point. Not sure I know how with my phone but I'll look into it.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I"m the only one who might be "offended", and I assure you, I am not remotely offended!

There was literally no body there. :)
As you know, that's not so much the case in August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom