Best Underwater Documentaries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

occrider

Contributor
Reaction score
So a friend suggested an 8 part nature documentary that largely features aquatic wildlife and animals dependant upon the oceans. That series was David Attenborough's BBC Blue Planet series. Once I saw it, I was completely blown away with how good it was. It wasn't simply a camera guy filming a reef with with swarms of random fish swimming by, it delved into riveting stories such as creatures of the extreme deep, killer whale attacks against grey whale calfs, polar bears attacking baluga whales, the anatomy of a bait ball attack (mackeral, dolphins, sharks, sailfish, marlin, and even a whale!), etc.

Every single time I watch it, I get sooo excited to dive. I've tried to find other documentaries that can hold a candle to the Blue Planet series and I've only found disappointment. What are some of the best underwater documentaries you've seen?

I agree with you, Blue Planet is just too good, every time i watch it i add another 50 places to my Must Dive list...

Check out the BBC's Planet Earth series too.

In part one,the episodes "From Pole to Pole" and "Freshwater."

In part two, to be shown later this year, the last two episodes are called "The Shallow Seas" and "Ocean Deep, Ocean Wide."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom