Best time to go to Tahiti?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say so....
If I recall November through April? Is their “summer” … and more likely to see rain. However I think rates are better during that time ??
While we were there (late Sept/early Oct) It was sunny and breezy every day....We did have rain twice.

It really doesn’t matter …. Its beautiful no matter what !!

Ah, wouldn't the answer be "anytime"!

But seriously, we went to Bora Bora and Rangiroa in July 99 and weather was great the whole time. However, the weather is now crazy all over the world so you can't guarantee a pattern.

curiousgeorgie:
Thinking of going in late June. Is that a good time?

June is the start of the windy and rainy time in the Tuamotus but usually it doesn't start getting too windy until July. Can be some really big waves and seas. That said, one week can be flat and the next week choppy.

If you are landbased it is fine. If it is a liveaboard you may want to try for earlier in the year.

We went in November and all was great. It is their summer. Some of the locals say they do ont like the water in the winter. I think it cools off 2 degrees F. We had one rain while hiking into a water fall. The rain was warm and felt good.

Have fun

We just got back last week and the weather was awesome. It was their springtime and their rainy season coincides with their summer which officially begins in November. We were in both the Societies and Tuamotus and the weather was the same in both archipelagoes, a steady southeast tradewind and the temps in the upper 80's during the day and upper 70's at night. The locals said that when the rainy season arrives (any time now) that the humidity comes in heavy and it rains most nights and is still sunny during the day. The Tuamotus have not had any rain in four months this year and were bone dry.
It never gets cold there and the summer and winter temps only vary by 5 - 10 degrees. The big difference is the humidity.
As the others have said, there is no bad time to go, it is always beautiful. Check out my trip report below in this forum and also some of my dive picks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom