best time of year for Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So we are thinking of visiting Puerta Galera sometime this year. What is the best time for good vis, smooth seas, and not so much rain? We know there will be some rain, but we just don't want another trip where the weather affected us so much. (We had a trip last year in Caribbean where it rained and rained and rained making vis horrible underwater and topside miserable)

thanks!

starting Feb it's also pretty good - water might be 1 or 2 C cooler but weather's great

also sept/ oct - december's generally good as well - cooler but weather is generally stable

Jag

I'd go with May as the best month there year after year, cant beat it for good weather and good viz.

robint: You are going to enjoy the PI............I will be in Anialo April/May, but am heading over to puerto gallera, sabang, small lalaguna. Don't think you'll get any rain Feb-May, maybe just a shower or two. It will start to get hot come March.
Who are you diving with? Have you picked out a dive op, resort?
Considered a side trip to Anialo?

I've been to the Philippines in Jan-Feb 2002, Nov-Dec. 2005, and Jan 2008. A little rain in 2005, but great weather other times.

thanks everybody! Feb-may means 2011, but I guess we can put it on our calendar! :D

blue-steal - no decision yet who to go with/resort, etc. I like what i have been told about Atlantis PG and also El Galleon. Since it will be our first trip to area I think we will stick with one of those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom