Best time of the for diving in Oman ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody can tell me when is the best time for scuba diving in Oman ?
Some told me that it's better to avoid july or August because it's too hot inside and outside the water. Is that right ?

I got lucky and won a diving trip...so better going at the right time

Congratulations on your prize :)

Where in Oman are you diving? - North or south?

July and August are HOT months here, but that has the benefit of a) less tourists and b) no need for wetsuits :wink: Diving is quite popular with the local expats during those months. If you want to do anything apart from diving, though, you're better off at a different time of the year, where it's less hot. Also bear in mind that Ramadan falls July 20 - August 20 this year.

I'd suggest April/May/June or October/November for most pleasant air and water temperatures, favoring April/May/June because we have most whale sharks during that time of year...........

Whenever you go, I'm sure you'll have a great time - especially if you're going to Daymaniyat Islands or Musandam.

Greetings from the beach
Karin :D

Congratulations on your prize :)

Where in Oman are you diving? - North or south?

July and August are HOT months here, but that has the benefit of a) less tourists and b) no need for wetsuits :wink: Diving is quite popular with the local expats during those months. If you want to do anything apart from diving, though, you're better off at a different time of the year, where it's less hot. Also bear in mind that Ramadan falls July 20 - August 20 this year.

I'd suggest April/May/June or October/November for most pleasant air and water temperatures, favoring April/May/June because we have most whale sharks during that time of year...........

Whenever you go, I'm sure you'll have a great time - especially if you're going to Daymaniyat Islands or Musandam.

Greetings from the beach
Karin :D
Thanks, looking to go North. Still planning for 2018

Just saw this brand new Jonathan Bird’s video of Zebra shark of Oman (published today). He went there in July.

Maybe @Searcaigh can be of some assistance ?

Maybe @Searcaigh can be of some assistance ?

Original post was in 2012, I'm sure he visited already :D

September is a good time to visit especially around the Damaniyat Islands.

Original post was in 2012, I'm sure he visited already :D

September is a good time to visit especially around the Damaniyat Islands.
Damn, I missed that. It popped up on "Recent Posts"

Back
Top Bottom