Best spots in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogster84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've finally gotten my vacation time approved and now I'm thinking about where in the world to go diving for 2-3 weeks beginning in mid June.

Up till now I've just dived in nice conditions around the Mediterranean, Egypt and Koh Samui. Warm water is a must have, big fish a nice plus.
I'll be traveling alone and am in my early thirties so the location should not consist of only honeymooners or be just a small island consisting of just a few huts

Which spots can you recommend that time of year? At first I was thinking about Palau but discovered that it is the rainy season there...

Have you ever been to Florida?

Chug
Local dividing booster.

Have you ever been to Florida?

Chug
Local dividing booster.
Not as a diver - though I imagine that the good spots with rays or an abundance of sea life are quite crowded?

PALAU..... best big life spot, sharks and mantas in particular. (Rainy season is Sept-Nov, so other than that it is hands down the best diving for big life.)

For best bang for your buck, I would do a liveaboard. They moor out near the reefs for 5-10 min boat ride to dive sites so you can get in 4-5 dives per day. If you go land-based you will only get 2 boat dives average as they are over an hour boat ride away in Koror.

Back
Top Bottom