Best southeast Florida shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have traveled many time to the WPB area, but always on the company dime. I am headed down in a couple weeks on my own to dive the BHB. Any suggestions on good hotels? My SO wants a place that does not have outdoor rooms - think Super8 style - but the Hilton and IHG properties are all over $200 a night. Does anyone know of good alternatives for a Friday and Saturday night stay?

I have traveled many time to the WPB area, but always on the company dime. I am headed down in a couple weeks on my own to dive the BHB. Any suggestions on good hotels? My SO wants a place that does not have outdoor rooms - think Super8 style - but the Hilton and IHG properties are all over $200 a night. Does anyone know of good alternatives for a Friday and Saturday night stay?

I like the Hampton Inn in Palm Beach Gardens. I stay their regularly on my diving weekends in Palm Beach. It is 15 min from BHB. It is clean, somewhat secluded but yet still close to tons of restaurants. Very close to the large mall in PBG. I book early and get the AAA rate. The most I've paid in peak season (now) is $160/night plus tax but I frequently pay less than $100/night plus tax.

Thanks JimBlay. I have an HHonors account with them, they are my preferred provider when i travel, but even their rates right now are $189/night. May just have to bite the bullet and pay the price. COVID has kept me out of the water for a year now and I am anxious to get wet.

Thanks JimBlay. I have an HHonors account with them, they are my preferred provider when i travel, but even their rates right now are $189/night. May just have to bite the bullet and pay the price. COVID has kept me out of the water for a year now and I am anxious to get wet.

It's beak season and spring break. Anything you find much cheaper than that will be a dive.

EDIT: Hotels in South FL vary GREATLY by season and in Jan-Mar the earlier you can book the better. I've found the same hotel will increase 2-3X in peak season. Many people "get this" but I'm mentioning it because I have seen many people blindsided by this. If you're not familiar with tourist and snowbird driven economies it's easy to not appreciate how significantly timing influences hotel rates.

The BHB and LBTS are only an hour apart. As many have said, very different dives and both are awesome.

If I was visiting and could only do one, it would be BHB but you must watch the tides and time your dives. Hope it works (or worked) for your dates. Reason is that you will just see so much diversity here... really a muck dive, and lots of opportunity for macro. With some luck and good eyes you can see sea horses, batfish, frog fish, banded shrimp, pipe fish, upside down jellies .. I could go on and on, we are always amazed at this beautiful site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom