Best southeast Florida shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard that is good....just a longer swim....reach to to Ryan at Aqui Watersports

I am interested to hear others compare lbts and bhb. Hotels close to bhb are much higher than the hotels close to lbts.

Blue Heron Bridge - because my wife loved it.

I have not dove the other - but BHB has all the hallmarks that make a delighted spouse (mine, maybe not yours)

Easy to get there, easy parking (get there early), clean bathroom/changing room, ease of entry, and pretty good fish life all around.

On top of that, all the divers I met while we were waiting had a really cool vibe.

JJ

I’d go with Blue Heron Bridge over LBTS:

1. Much more parking
2. Diveable just about all the time (although there are exceptions)
3. Cool, unique critters not typically seen at LBTS
4. Regular night dives available

In many ways though they are apples & oranges and each is unique. BHB is on a lagoon while LBTS is on the open ocean.

I am interested to hear others compare lbts and bhb. Hotels close to bhb are much higher than the hotels close to lbts.

Yes but you don’t need to stay right next to the bridge. There are many affordable hotels within a 15 min drive of BHB.

Yes but you don’t need to stay right next to the bridge. There are many affordable hotels within a 15 min drive of BHB.
I will be coming down with my wife and 3 teens and being on the beach would be nice. Having the kids be able to walk to the beach whenever they want would be awesome.

I will be coming down with my wife and 3 teens and being on the beach would be nice. Having the kids be able to walk to the beach whenever they want would be awesome.

If that is a must than yes, the hotels on Singer Island in season (now) aren't cheap. It is a beautiful location though! But we only stay on Singer Island in the off season. Too much $$$ in the winter. I drive over from SWFL one weekend a month to dive and I stay in either Palm Beach Gardens or West Palm Beach. But I don't need to be on the beach given that I'm not on vacation. If you want to be on the beach this time of year LBTS may be a better option. Just keep in mind that if there is an easterly wind of any magnitude the conditions aren't diveable at LBTS. You don't have that issue at BHB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom