Best software to match to Perdix AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalekFekete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I drank the KoolAid and have a Perdix AI on it's way to me as I type. :yeahbaby:

What is the best available software/app (I'm on an iPhone) to match it with for managing dive logs electronically. I'll still keep the paper logs as it's a nice little ritual with my dive buddy a.k.a. wife after each set of dives.

Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with subsurface, although I don't yet have a Perdix, the subsurface developers seem to be supporting it well. I also don't have experience with subsurface-mobile on android or iphone, except to know it exists. I have heard people complain about the speed of download from the Perdix, but iirc, that's mainly an issue with desktop bluetooth stacks.

Subsurface | An open source divelog

Never needed to move away from Shearwater Cloud but if I did I think I’d try macdive it looks very useable.

I us e an iPad app called DiveLog. I have very low expectations of things like this but I was pleased by it. I seem to recall the rest I tried at the time were generally poor. The Shearwater ones are a disappointment. I will take a look at subsurface mobile again as it might have moved on since I last looked.

What I like about DiveLog is it has a proper schema rather than everything being a simple text entry. This means it lets you reuse dive sites, kit etc not just type in the names again into a free form text box. You get to download dives directly from the Perdix via Bluetooth. Since it runs on my iPad I can do that on the boat and type in the details before I forget.

If you are a Mac person, Mac-Dive is second to none. I use Mac-Dive on iOS and on my MacBook.

It will be a good idea to get Shearwater Cloud. It's available for computer and mobile devices. You'll need this at some point to update firmware. The one limitation I see with Shearwater Cloud is that it's only going to work for Shearwater computers. That's by design, and not unlike a lot of other manufacturer released software.

In my case, I had a bunch of previous dives with an Oceanic computer that I logged electronically. I was originally using Diverlog. Diverlog doesn't work with Shearwater computers.

For a while, though, I was dual logging with Subsurface. Subsurface also offers mobile apps. With the mobile app you just need to create a Subsurface Cloud account. It's a solid platform and works for a lot of different computers, and it's also free for desktop, mobile, and the cloud account.

MacDive here as well if you run Apple gadgets.

MacDive is amazing for it. It syncs well with the OSX version if you want to use the computer, too. You can backup to the cloud as well so if you lose your phone you don't lose it all! :) Great GPS logging, stats, features, even if you are a photographer.

Should you have a different dive computer in the future it is compatible with so many. You can always export the files to use with another app as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom