Best snorkeling in Oahu for solo person without a car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fluff_astrid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.
I’ve had some middle ear troubles lately, so I need to take a break from diving and just do surface snorkeling until I can get back home and have an ENT take a look at my ears. I’ll be in Oahu for Sat/Sun though and wondering if there’s some good snorkeling I can get in on that would be accessible to me (even if it requires a taxi or Uber). Even tours are welcome, although trying as much as possible to avoid a cattle boat situation. I’d rather maximize my time in the water, not drink on the boat :wink:

Thanks!

Don't go to the sandbar. Too meh.
Electric Beach might be calm still. Ask a dive shop. Else spots in Waikiki.

You can take the bus to beaches between Kailua town and North Shore. Pretty shallow spots, public access and not crowded.

It's been awhile since i've been there so I'm not sure what the waves are like on the North Shore but I always liked snorkeling at Sharks Cove.

Hi all.
I’ve had some middle ear troubles lately, so I need to take a break from diving and just do surface snorkeling until I can get back home and have an ENT take a look at my ears. I’ll be in Oahu for Sat/Sun though and wondering if there’s some good snorkeling I can get in on that would be accessible to me (even if it requires a taxi or Uber). Even tours are welcome, although trying as much as possible to avoid a cattle boat situation. I’d rather maximize my time in the water, not drink on the boat :wink:

Thanks!
would be helpful if you listed where you are staying

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom