Best snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IST SN-60 is the snorkel I don't use. I mean, I do, but the last time we went snorkeling was like 2 years ago when the boat stopped by the Blue Room during SI. It's oval, large bore, flex mouthpiece and you can buy replacement bits separately from IST.

I use Aquasphere "Phelps" snorkel when swimming laps, but I don't recommend it: they put the purge valve inline with the mouth and that's the wrong place for it. If you want one like that, pick the Arena or Finis instead.

Roll up snorkel in drysuit pocket or tech short pockets, no idea on brand, only used once or twice

If it's to have "just in case", then one that fits out of the way in your pocket. If it's to actually use, I've been using these for almost 30 years. I have 3 of them, one of which I think is actually 30 years old. I used to cut about 5cm off the end for when I was playing underwater hockey. Not so good for a choppy surface, so had to get another full length one for free diving.

I have corrugated ones. And these have a replacement mouthpiece that's compatible with a scuba regulator.

@dmaziuk @FF / EMT @stiebs

The OP is a spammer flooding SB with posts to increase his post count to be able to post in the for sale forums. He isn't looking for answers, just post count.

@dmaziuk @FF / EMT @stiebs

The OP is a spammer flooding SB with posts to increase his post count to be able to post in the for sale forums. He isn't looking for answers, just post count.

The nerve of some people…

A7F4587D-5BC6-431B-B85A-65F25B3DF440.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom