Best Similan Liveaboard Experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZacAttack

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I will be in Thailand at the end of November through January and are looking at booking a 4D/4N liveaboard to the Similan Islands and Richeliu Rock. I was hoping some of you on here had some tips or recommendations of companies that you have had good experiences with. We are looking for a boat with nitrox and one that has diver safety in mind. I would say we have a mid range budget and don't mind paying a little more for a better experience, boat and crew.

Any info on your experience would help and it is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Z

I dove with White Manta in the Andaman twice last season and plan on diving with them again at least twice this coming season. It's not cheap. They have Nitrox; also not cheap.

I've been doing liveaboards in Thailand since the 90s, so I've been on a lot of boats; everything from the decrepit old Short Cut II, right on up.

White Manta is a nice, comfortable boat with a fine crew. I'm sure there are many others.

Buadhai, you've also been on Deep Andaman Queen (the former Queen Scuba). About the same price as White Manta. Both are mid-priced (rather than luxury) vessels. (We don't have many high-end options in Thailand, actually.)

So, they're back in business, eh? I enjoyed my one trip on Queen Scuba. Very similar experience to White Manta.

You can find their schedule and price list here: Deep Andaman Queen

BTW, whatever happened to the Mermaid II? (I know what happened to the old Shortcut....)

Why can't I find the popcorn eating smiley?

We used Sea Bees for our last trip, very professional, clean, not crowded and excellent food.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom