Best Similan liveaboard departing from Ao Nang/Krabi/Khao Lak areas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krist3l

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Ao/Nang + Krabi on December 8th 2012, looking to get on a Similan liveaboard.

Any personal recommendations for one of the many companies offering liveaboard trips in that region?

Is that a good time to go or should I try to wait until later in the month? Also, should I consider any other destinations departing from that area?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Exciting!

There are no liveaboards to the Similans departing from Ao Nang. You will need to go to Khao Lak or Phuket for that. Phuket is easier since you can take a ferry from Ao Nang to Phuket and get picked up at the ferry terminal for the transfer to the boat, but you can also get a taxi or a van or a bus from Ao Nang to Khao Lak and get picked up there for the transfer.

For December bookings, it's best to book ahead, but you can wait a little while--it's still pretty early now--and give yourself time to make the right choice.

In regard to recommendations, that's a big question and depends mainly on your budget and cabin-type preferences.

From Aop Nang are some very nice options for trips to South Andaman like Shark Poinjt area, Bida Islands and Hin Daeng/Muang.

To go to Similans most of the boats leave from Khao Lak, some from Phuket, with transfers from Phuket included.

Back
Top Bottom