Best retail dive shop in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rwhiting

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a dive skin/suit in Cozumel? How do prices and quality compare to shops in the U.S.?
Thanks,
Rich

The first time I went to Cozumel I assumed I could take care of exposure protection while I was down there. I searched every dive shop in town for a women's dive skin. I found two, in sizes that didn't fit me. Prices were the same as they are at home. I ended up renting an ill-fitting men's shortie from the dive op and cowering under the canopy in the boat to protect my exposed arms and legs from the sun.

If you want a skin, buy it at home where you have a good selection.

Rwhiting once bubbled...
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy a dive skin/suit in Cozumel? How do prices and quality compare to shops in the U.S.?
Thanks,
Rich

In general, it's not a great idea to buy dive equipment in a resort area. Prices are high and selection is low. Shop in the States or on line, I'd say.

I'll second the suggestion that you try to arrive in Coz fully outfitted. The retail options are very limited.

Seth

Definately don't buy gear in Coz. You will be parted from your money quite quickly and won't know what hit you. You can find deals on skins all over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom