Best rental regulators in NoCal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wnissen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am now looking at 10 weeks since I sent my reg in for service, and it might not be back in time. Does anyone in the SF Bay Area or Monterey rent higher end regs, like Aqualung Legend, Apeks XTX50, Atomic Aquatics, or whatever the ScubaPro equivalent is? Bamboo Reef has regs that are adequate, but I really miss my nicely tuned quality set. Don't need a computer.

Thanks!

10 weeks is a long time, my LDS will service regs in at least 10 days or less depending on any spare parts that may be required.

I'd be thinking of having a spare reg set given a 10 week turnaround.

I won’t be home until next week but I can loan you some Sherwood SR’s until you get yours back.

10 weeks is a long time, my LDS will service regs in at least 10 days or less depending on any spare parts that may be required.

I'd be thinking of having a spare reg set given a 10 week turnaround.
Oh, absolutely. I only do like 35 dives a year, so I was only really sending them in out of an abundance of caution and to keep my "free parts" going. In the past it's been like a week, even during the pandemic. Probably not going to shell out unless I really have to.

I won’t be home until next week but I can loan you some Sherwood SR’s until you get yours back.
That is more than kind, I really hope it doesn't come to that. I guess I could also find a place on Maui that rents decent stuff, but I really prefer to take care of business before vacation.
aquarius rents aqualung cores which are at least balanced, but they can't tune them as light without the adjustment
Thanks, that is helpful, that's what I learned on and they are pretty good. I can understand why places don't rent adjustable regs!

Sorry, not an actual answer to your question but...

I think yours is the primary reason people get into doing their own service. If you keep your gear clean you can be done with a service yourself in just a few hours. Just something to think about.

Sorry, not an actual answer to your question but...

I think yours is the primary reason people get into doing their own service. If you keep your gear clean you can be done with a service yourself in just a few hours. Just something to think about.
Yes, I was planning to do that this year, I do tend to be a DIY person, but the shop had a trusted tech and I figured it was well worth the money to save the trouble. Now I'm not saving money or trouble so the calculus has changed.

Yes, I was planning to do that this year, I do tend to be a DIY person, but the shop had a trusted tech and I figured it was well worth the money to save the trouble. Now I'm not saving money or trouble so the calculus has changed.
I think we all run through the same math.

$+time+inconvenience= Just do it my self.

There are tons of good resources here to help with any questions you have. It's one of the best things about this board. Good luck

Which NoCal shop is 10 weeks? I suspect I know but want to hear it.

I’d go get my regs and take them somewhere with a realistic lead time; that’s absurd.

ETA: where is NOCal? 🤣

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom