Best reg on the market today. well... kinda...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello guys,

sorry for the clickbait title but I have finally assembled my holy grail vintage regulator.
The mk5 in DIN, with the modern hp ports and the fifth top port AND the spec cap holes AND a piston in perfect condition.
36779281_10214842514287819_4131642149433245696_n.jpg

I know it might be very underwhelming to most people, but I had to buy 4 different mk5's over a course of six months to get all the right parts in good condition.

Most Mk5's are in INT that you can buy second hand, but I managed to get the final missing piece, the DIN connected by scouring german second hand sites since they never got the mk5 in INT I think.

In total it cost me 120 dollars, but this is with the new stainless steel head screw, service kit etc. included, which is pretty steep I know, but it has 0 creep, and is in very good cosmetic and functional condition. At the moment I have it set at 142 psi, but I might set it a bit lower for cold water diving.

So behold.... a reliable mk25... I mean mk5...

2dlewi.jpg
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Not underwhelming at all. And yes, best reg on the market IMO as well. My Mk5 109 is of the standard yoke variety, but it is my go to reg. I think I may even have that other reg in the last pic. if it's an Apex that is.
I love that reg so much my youngest (10) is sporting it this week for her cert dives. I put an interesting mix of new and old together for her.
406755-eedce02049eb8a45ce55743de1f5d19f.jpg

Attachments

• Nina's rig.jpg
    Nina's rig.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 139
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom