Best places to dive in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My girlfriend and I are dive masters looking for great fun places to dive in Thailand. Wrecks if any or fun places

We went to Thailand a few years ago. Really liked it there. Stayed 3 weeks on Kao Tao. Stayed at and did most all of my diving with Goodtime Adventures. They have speed boats vs the old fishing vessels that most of the dive shops have. Made for much more personalized dives. They also offer other sporting activities like rock climbing etc. Great people. Would definitely go back. They have the Sattikut wreck to dive.
Goodtime Thailand – Scuba Diving, Rock Climbing, Hostels & More
Enjoy!!

Awesome. Where would you stay? We want to avoid the buckets and party zone

The typical age group of the tourists on the island are in their 20's. So if your not in that age group - and my wife and I are not anywhere near that age group :) - then you are there for the food and diving. Having said that - you can stay many places on that island. We rented a place for the first 3 days at AMINJIRAH RESORT KOH TAO | FREE TRANSFERS AND BEST RATES ONLY FOR DIRECT BOOKINGS
Then we went looking for a dive shop and changed our accommodations to something closer to the dive shop. We would certainly go back. Except next time 20 days on the island will be 3 months on the island.

One word of caution - if you want to rent a motor bike they want your passport. No you cant give them a photocopy of you passport. They take it and keep it in a plastic bag along with the other hundred passports they have. That just didn't work for us, so we took taxis. They are cheap.

Must admit we did not find Koh Tao that great dive wise. Loved the food etc, and diving was ok.

Best dives we’ve done in Thailand was Richelieu Rock - 4 dives on the same day, and I could have done many more! Best is to do a LOB.

It also depends on the time of year - Similans/Richelieu Rock are only open from October-April/May, Koh Tao you can dive year round, but think the best time is May-October?

Back
Top Bottom