Best Place to do DM on Koh Tao

Best Place on Koh Tao for Divemaster certification?

• Ban's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planet Scuba

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Buddha View

• Coral Grand

• Asia Divers

• Carabao

• Other...

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superhelix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear ScubaBoard -

I posted a new thread a few weeks ago entitled, "What's the deal on Koh Tao?" I found the feedback to be very informative... but I am hungry for more info, as the members of this board are the most knowledgable divers in the world and experience is everything.

As I will be moving to Koh Tao at the end of October to do divemaster and instructor certification, I am especially interested in your personal recommendations.

Any comments on instructors, experiences (good and bad), living accommodation, and other lifestyle comments are also greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for participating in this poll.

Superhelix, do check out this dive center called Dive Indeep. Their services by the DMs' are great and they also offer accomodation as well.

Mention Living Seas from Singapore and they'll know who recommended you.

cheers!

Hi, mate, can't help you with your poll. I just haven't been there. But, surprise, I got exactly the same idea about Mark S., since he indeed replied very well. I also read the understandable negative reports on KT and even about Buddah. Well, in general: if they dive with 60 divers, or if divers try to lift on a whaleshark, then you might get an idea about the worst sides of Scuba around the world. At least that is realistic, that will teach you, and then even for normal 'fun' diving hundreds of people go there. Well for fun I wouldn't go there, cause for fun, I mean seeing underwaterlife, I would go to Similans/Surins for instance. I had a look at doing DM with www.seadragondivecenter.com in Khao Lakh (they included a full liveaboard in the courseprice). But, it is a gamble, I decided on Buddah KT, to go for DM/IDC, since it looks very well organised with courses (like a factory indeed), because for getting realistic experience on handling difficult divers, there is no better place it seems and that could make you a good DM/IDC too I guess, and also nobody said there is no fish at all. No more than 30 mtrs. and no current is a bit a worry I admit that. That would be nice with 60 divers! Anybody knows a place to train for that? I suggest you give me some info too. I started with the books, DM/IDC, and all that other obligatory Padi stuf that makes it quite expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom