best place in ft.pierce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lottinala

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
me and my son are going to try and do a shore dive in ft. pierce this week or next and was wondering were the best place to walk in is. i went once with restlessnative and realy enjoyed but wasnt real sure were we went in at. so anybody got any info they are willing to give thanks in advance. hope to get to do a couple dive trips here in the near future. dive safe.

Pepper Park is the usual dive out of Ft Pierce--check with the diveshop to see if anyone else is going. Low waves with a long period = good viz and dive. There is a buoy in 50 feet off the inlet that measures wave height, temp, etc. Pepper is north of the inlet about a mile.

NDBC - Station 41114

Here's a link to the Ft Pierce buoy.

I think the state park is better then pepperpark. Start at the northernmost access and swim north from there.

When the water is clear, Vero has even better shore dives- the breckenshire (sp?) wreck pokes out of the water at low tide- its worth checking out

The Urca De Lima wreck just North of Pepper park can be an interesting dive if the vis is right. One of a few Spanish Plate Fleet wrecks you can visit off the beach. There is an anchor, some timbers cannon etc. There is also a plaque there I think. The wreck is somewheres around 1000 ft N of the park boundry. You can read about it at MyFlorida dot com or just google it.
Cheers

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you fly a flag twice as large as legal and don't surface till your in 4ft of water.

The problem might be that both divers and boaters would assume it's a sunken diveboat:) a cluster f would then begin.....................

There's not much boat traffic, but the downside is that NONE of them are paying attention.

well i just come from down there and te big problem right now is visibilty. the life guard on duty said that vis was some were between a foot to a foot and a half right now. he told me he dive there all the time and it should be cleared up here in the next couple of weeks and something about a western wind would help as well. i went to the dive shop there in ft pierce and he said the same thing and there doing all there dives at the blue heron bridge right now.

I saw this "best place in ft.pierce", and I instantly thought it was the on-ramp to the Florida Turnpike heading north to Orlando just after you survive the toll plaza there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom