Best Options For Post Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I use Photoshop for still photos and just getting into video.

Using Canon DSLR with 2 Orcatorch D910v lights.

Have 2 Windows I7 computers with plenty of memory and fast hard drives.

What are thoughts on best post production software for videos? Would prefer to stay away from Adobe's subscription model.

I second DaVinci Resolve. It takes some power to run playback smoothly but it is one heck of an amazing piece of software. Especially the free version (I use Resolve 16 Beta).

Thanks. I installed Davinci Resolve 16 Beta. Seems like a bit of a steep learning curve..... Will take some time to get acclimated. Watching YouTube videos now.

Thanks. I installed Davinci Resolve 16 Beta. Seems like a bit of a steep learning curve..... Will take some time to get acclimated. Watching YouTube videos now.
It is an amazing program with probably more tools than you will ever even think about using.

The results that can be generated on it though are astounding (especially for a free program).

Curious what people are using to run Resolve 16. My laptop is too old to run it and get smooth playback which becomes a pain when trying to watch what your transitions look like prior to rendering the full video. I am looking at picking up a new laptop shortly and want something I can use Resolve on because I love the program and its flexibility

I just got a coupon deal on LWKs last month so I purchased an annual subscription. I tried DVR for a few months before switching. DVR is a lumbering elephant if you dont have a $300+ GPU. LWKs is in comparison a fleet-footed Fox for want of a better analogy.

P

Curious what people are using to run Resolve 16. My laptop is too old to run it and get smooth playback which becomes a pain when trying to watch what your transitions look like prior to rendering the full video. I am looking at picking up a new laptop shortly and want something I can use Resolve on because I love the program and its flexibility

Are you editing 1080p, 2k, or 4k? if you plan to edit 4k, you want an i7, 16gb+ of ram, and a reasonable graphics card like a 580 or 1060.

Back
Top Bottom