Best online store?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I have not looked through all 108 Sea Elite items on the Divers Supply website, I do believe that most of the major items (BCDs, Regs, Dive Lights) that they sell under the Sea Elite name are sourced from Edge-HOG Dive Gear. Perhaps some of the other accessories are sourced elsewhere, I'm not sure.

Divers Supply does also sell Edge and HOG branded gear. So, for instance, the Sea Elite Scout economical BCD is the same basic BCD as the Edge Element, though with a few less enhancements (i.e., the Scout has a couple less metal D-rings, only has velcro and not clips for trim pockets, etc.). Also compare the Sea Elite Scout regulator and the Edge Nano regulator, and the Sea Elite Covert regulator to the HOG D2 Classic regulator. And the Sea Elite 315 mini dive light with the Edge 315 mini dive light. Etc., etc.
I ordered the "Scuba Gear Value System Package" from Diver's supply and the price was great. We were supposed to get their economical BCD but they sent us the Edge Element . Upgraded to their Sea Elite "covert" regulator which is totally a Hog D1X it's very clear once you compare them. You can add on a Mares Puck Pro Plus for $135.00. I looked long and hard and couldn't find any way to beat it

I ordered the "Scuba Gear Value System Package" from Diver's supply and the price was great. We were supposed to get their economical BCD but they sent us the Edge Element . Upgraded to their Sea Elite "covert" regulator which is totally a Hog D1X it's very clear once you compare them. You can add on a Mares Puck Pro Plus for $135.00. I looked long and hard and couldn't find any way to beat it
That's the configuration (with the Covert balanced regulator) that my son and I ordered. He got the Sea Elite Scout BCD that it is supposed to come with, and they sent the Edge Element to me because they were out of my size on the Scout at the time, and they are practically the same BCD.

We've both got well over 100 dives on the regs and BCDs and have been very pleased. Easy to get good trim using the back trim pockets as well as the front integrated weights. Plenty of room in the pockets to stash DSMB+spool on one side, and spare mask and roll-up snorkel on the other. I like having things in pockets instead of dangling. Love the Covert reg also, which has always breathed easy (as deep as 122 feet so far).

These are a great value. I've never been diving and thought that I needed or wanted a different set-up. Actually, I've been so pleased that I've been thinking of ordering another to stash away for when I wear my current set out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom