Best Okinawan Boat operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aktraveler

Reaction score
Asian Dive Tours is the best operator to schedule a trip, bar none. I showed up and the rest of the customers had cancelled, so it was just myself. Dave took me out on a solo trip even though I am sure that it was more in gas and supplies than I was paying for the trip, he respected that a customer scheduled and showed up and did not cancel the trip just because he wasn't going to have a cushy profit margin. Since I had been planning on meeting a new dive partner on the boat Dave dove with me and showed me around. He has an amazing knowledge of the area, and notices the smallest details, pointing out the hard to find creatures and he is a conscientious caretaker of the area, dusting of harmful algae and mold before it can do much to the coral. The boat is small but comfortable, they provided ice cold beverages at no charge and very pleasant people to be around. If you can only do one dive, this is the one to do.

I dove again this last weekend with Chuck and North of Nago dive and ishing charters on the USS Emmons. As always it was an awesome dive and outstanding service. Chuck offers a lied back but still safety concenious approach to diving on the USS Emmons. In partnership with him I will still continue to offer dive charters to the northern Okinawa dive sites.

Ahhh good old Oki! Brings me back, I only wish I was into diving during my 2 deployments there. Unfortunately I spent my free time destroying brain cells with bowls of 'grape ape' and Rainbows in Kin-ville, then trying to hold it together for the walk through the gate at Hansen! I'd love to go back there and do some diving, take care and thanks for your service. I'll check out your op if and when I ever make it back there.

Maybe oneday Gatershark I might make it your way. I have about 18 month left to reireemnt and I am look at either staying here of returning to Florida (Boynton Beach area has caught my eye currently).

For all of you SOFA status individuals, I would like to cordially invite you to come dive with Kadena Marina's C-Falcon 25 PAX, and Destiny 23 PAX that travel to the Keramas every weekend or can be chartered for reasonable rates. Price for a two tank dive is $75. Three tank dives are offered for Advanced divers with the second two dives are drift dives. It is a 1hour 20 min drive to world class scuba diving.

i wonder if the club bluelight is still in kinville:eyebrow:

If you are looking for English speaking staff and a great afternoon or morning North Of Nago Boat Charters is a great way to get out and see some of the northern dive sites on the Island. North of Nago regularly hits up the USS Emmons, and other exciting places like Hedo Point and Hedo Dome. You can find out more information at Divenorthofnago.com

Barracuda, only pimping Kadena now?

Barracuda, only pimping Kadena now?

Mongodives, How is diving in your area? Did you get your drysuit yet?

No most of the other operations had been mentioned, but for all good dive boat operations please go to www.hotdive.com I have plotted all of the English speaking dive operations there. I have plotted over 100 shore dive sites and over 400 boat dive sites complete with underwater dive maps. For Dive Safety I have plotted the 6 decompresion chamber that are on Okinawa on www.hotdive.com. The water is 86F and 150' Vis and there are about 20 dive boats departing for the Keramas daily. Every weekend for the last three months we have seen turtles, and sharks. We have also seen Dolphins, Manta Rays, and Whale Sharks. In Jan through Feb we Humpbacks calve in the Kerama's.

got the drysuit, water is cold here. I really miss being able to go diving before after and during work. sucks not being 5 minutes away from good diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom