Best of the New YEar from YAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, been a while for me. Have been pretty busy running the photo shop here at Yap Divers, Manta Ray Bay Hotel. For some reason just isn't the super fast internet connection i had at home...
Anyhoo, diving has been pretty darn good here as of late.
We had a line up of 18 mantas in a row on the 31st, pity i had the video instead of a still camera...
Mandarin fish dive is probably more popular here than the mantas if you can believe, amongst photographers that is.
I am going to try to post some photos here, whether it works or not is a different story.
Hope everyone is well and that 2005 finds everyone happy and healthy and with a lot less natural disasters than 2004, what a strange year nature wise.

Try this link http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13019/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
if that doesn't work my Member Gallery has it.
Its a shot of a pair of mating Mandarins. Only had time to add one photo as my server keeps kicking me offline every 90 seconds, extremely frustrating!

Very pretty fish - nice shot.

Beautiful, Mike! Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Don't be such a stranger!

Mike Veitch:
Howdy folks, been a while for me. Have been pretty busy running the photo shop here at Yap Divers, Manta Ray Bay Hotel. For some reason just isn't the super fast internet connection i had at home...
Anyhoo, diving has been pretty darn good here as of late.
We had a line up of 18 mantas in a row on the 31st, pity i had the video instead of a still camera...
Mandarin fish dive is probably more popular here than the mantas if you can believe, amongst photographers that is.
I am going to try to post some photos here, whether it works or not is a different story.
Hope everyone is well and that 2005 finds everyone happy and healthy and with a lot less natural disasters than 2004, what a strange year nature wise.

Try this link http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/13019/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
if that doesn't work my Member Gallery has it.
Its a shot of a pair of mating Mandarins. Only had time to add one photo as my server keeps kicking me offline every 90 seconds, extremely frustrating!

Hey Mike,
Great to hear from you.....mantas lined up in a row, huh? Too bad they weren't lined up when we were there in November! But you're right, the mandarins were way more popular with my group than the mantas! And your shot is fabulous! What memories we have of all those mandarins running all over the coral every night......wish I could do it again soon.

Very nice, Mike! Great colors. Never seen a mandarin fish before. I can see why they are so popular.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you enjoyed the shots.

Great to hear from you too Janet. Is rather funny that you should reply to this as it was your group and one i had last week that i was thinking of when i wrote that comment. Don't worry though, last week's group didn't break your record...

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom