Best of St Lucia, Grenada or Grenadines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shrkdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are taking a 7-day Windstar cruise out of Barbados and will visit St Lucia, Grenada and the Grenedines this winter. As this trip is mostly just to relax we will probably only dive 1-day. Any recommendations which island has the best diving? We are both advanced certified.

No luck on this huh. Did you go dive? How was it? We're thinking of the Grenadines in December '17.

NYB

What kind of diving do you prefer to do? St. Lucia has some nice reef diving. I'm told Grenada is known for wreck diving. No idea about Grenadines. Another question is how long you'll be at a given island and what topside things you want to do. If you really want to do 'x' topside at island 1, and islands 1 and 2 have equally desirable diving, you dive at island 2.

Richard.

Grenada has the Underwater Sculpture Park. I dove it once, not my cup of tea, but it may interest you enough to check it out...

What kind of diving do you prefer to do? St. Lucia has some nice reef diving. I'm told Grenada is known for wreck diving. No idea about Grenadines. Another question is how long you'll be at a given island and what topside things you want to do. If you really want to do 'x' topside at island 1, and islands 1 and 2 have equally desirable diving, you dive at island 2.

Richard.

Thanks for the reply. We like anything that's not dead or dying in the Carribean. :( Preferably nothing human made (healthy reefs are fantastic).

There's a resort off Union Island we're thinking about- but wanted to know if there's a good local dive operation around the area or if it's worth bringing some gear.

NYB

I'm in the Grenadines and can answer any questions you have. I'm guessing you're looking at Palm Island, if that's correct Grenadines Dive on Union Island will provide the diving.
Grenadines Dive have a website with contact details. I think there are a couple of reviews in Undercurrent.
Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm in the Grenadines and can answer any questions you have. I'm guessing you're looking at Palm Island, if that's correct Grenadines Dive on Union Island will provide the diving.
Grenadines Dive have a website with contact details. I think there are a couple of reviews in Undercurrent.
Oliviamay,
We're considering a trip to Palm Island Resort in December, but I have not yet found anyone who can give me dive-specific information. My granddaughter is very prone to seasickness, so short boat rides are mandatory. Will this location meet her needs?

Oliviamay,
We're considering a trip to Palm Island Resort in December, but I have not yet found anyone who can give me dive-specific information. My granddaughter is very prone to seasickness, so short boat rides are mandatory. Will this location meet her needs?
Hi Elsmith,
I would estimate that dive sites in the Tobago Cays are about a ten minute ride away. Dive sites around Union Island are closer.

Hi Elsmith,
I would estimate that dive sites in the Tobago Cays are about a ten minute ride away. Dive sites around Union Island are closer.
Thanks so much. I think this will work for us

Hi Olivia! Thanks! Pink Sands Resort or Palm Island for 2 adult divers, sailors, hikers in the beginning of December?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom