Best o-ring shop online.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need to replace a few o-rings on my rig. I was wondering where do you DIY'ers buy o-rings at online. I've emailed a few places and am waiting for a response. I'm hoping to get a set of 5 or 10 (if getting 10 is cheaper) to keep on hand just in case.

Thanks all.

Michael

+1 on mcmaster-carr

Also
orings usa
Grainger
Hercules Sealing Products

And lately I've just been going to dive shops and asking for a specific size, material and duro rating eg. I need -111 epdm or viton duro 80 or 90. No dive shop has yet refused to sell me orings. Some have said we don't have that size and even offered to order them for me. I've gotten orings like this from a couple of dive shops that have never met me before because it happened during a trip.

There was one where the shop attendant didn't seem to be familiar with the sizes I was asking for and he asked me, "what do you want them for?" When I said it's for a barrel isolator, he immediately replied, we don't have those. That one case makes me suspicious of whether he didn't have them or if this was really a veiled refusal to sell.

While McMaster sells them in 100 count bags, at $2 to $6 depending on what you need and considering what shipping cost are (MCM is usually very fair and fast) you might as well order by the 100. Properly stored the life is 15+ years so waste from age is not a problem and being cheap, I tend to spread them around in all my dive gear so I alway have some with me.

aoptec.com

They have a minimum order, but if you want to stock up on a bunch of sizes (tank valve, light switch, light head, backup light head, HP hose, LP hose, etc) it's pretty good deal.

Don't know how many you need but check out Dive Gear Express, they sell in packs of 5 and quite a few sizes.
I have ordered many different sizes and they have shipped out the same day with delivery usually in 2-3 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom