Best membrane drysuits, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What were the shipping charges you were quoted by FEDX to ship the suit to the U.S.?

I had the discussion in the context of import duties/customs clearance charges being the least with shipping via the postal service. Person checked with Seaskin and it was FedEx only. I have a DUI. I won’t buy a suit without a US dealer. That’s just me. Others feel the savings are worth it to buy from the UK. I know nothing about what the specific shipping charges are.

Great! Please let know know how you like it when it comes in. What shipping option did you chose?
I have a cloth tape measure, I guess the opposite side from the inch measurement is in cm

will do! Yes the CM is on the other side of the tape. Measuring is not that hard at all. Have a friend (close) help you. The close part comes into play for certain measurements lol.

the shipping to Canada, which would be very close to the US was 71£, very reasonable. All in all my suit, with all the add one that I wanted + spare seals + undergarments came to 1250 US, with shipping.

Seaskin.

Custom cut. Sitech oval wrist seals sitech neck seal, light light monkey balanced pee valve, kevlar knee pads telescoping torso, 2 thigh pockets. $1100.

Customs bill, $53.

Fits like a glove.

will do! Yes the CM is on the other side of the tape. Measuring is not that hard at all. Have a friend (close) help you. The close part comes into play for certain measurements lol.

the shipping to Canada, which would be very close to the US was 71£, very reasonable. All in all my suit, with all the add one that I wanted + spare seals + undergarments came to 1250 US, with shipping.

That's very good to hear! Looks like I need to order one from them very soon! I'm leaning toward the plastic zipper on mine. will get the silicone neck and wrist seals and the kevlar knee pads. Can't wait to hear how you like yours

@BORG read the thread that I posted in my initial post. 90 pages of awesome seaskin reviews and tips :)

Seaskin should be considered.
www.seaskin.co.uk

Very inexpensive, high quality, and extremely customizable.
Seaskin Nova drysuit review

You can get a suit with everything you want for 900-1200 US

Thanks for the info!. I'm going to get measured soon and order a suit from them in the next week or so. Should I order the taller warm neck or the just the standard warm neck? I've heard various opinions on this subject. I'm going to go with silicone seals on my neck and wrist as well. Great info. I'm glad you told me about them! Thanks!

What were the shipping charges you were quoted by FEDX to ship the suit to the U.S.?

The shipping charge for my Seaskin Nova with two undergarments (full - 250gm + shorty - 150gm), thinsulate booties, hood, dry gloves, and other accessories was about $65. The import tax was about $135. When you look at the prices on the Seaskin website, you will not pay the VAT, however, when you correct for the exchange rate, the prices are similar to those listed which include the VAT. If you wind up ordering from Seaskin, I would highly recommend ordering extra seals and dry gloves from them (if you're going to use dry gloves); the prices are much better than getting them in the U.S. If you go for the dry gloves (I got the Kubi's), the cuff rings will be installed on the suit with replaceable wrist seals, which means you can also dive in wet/semi dry gloves if you want. I'm very happy with the quality, fit, and value of my Seaskin Nova. Good luck.

I pulled the trigger on a new Nova this weekend. I got an email confirming my transaction with a # assigned. I guess I'll get an email later this weekend or next week on the dispatch or ship date from them.
I ordered the Siteck silicone neck and wrist seals and extras. Si-Tech Ovals with Rolock 90 dry glove set up. I didn't need to order undergarments, I already had two sets of those for my old, now undivable, Pinnacle EVO 2 suit.
With everything I wanted, I got a text that was $1308.56 charged to my card.
I figured with all I that got with the suit, I"ll have an upper end DUI suit for a fraction of the coast.
I'm glad your're happy with your suit. I can't wait to get mine.
I'm guessing maybe sometime in August maybe a little earlier.

Back
Top Bottom