Best membrane drysuits, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
My Pinnacle EVO 2 suit is history as far as usability is concerned. Had it about 12+ years. Service tech said it wasn't worth saving.
So, I'm in the market for another membrane drysuit and was thinking about either a Bare Tec Dry membrane suit or a DUI Coronado or DUI Yukon II membrane suits.

I'm looking for a lower cost suit, that is durable and flexible and probably looking to get silicone seals on the suit as well. How does your Bare and DUI suits fill the bill on those points?

I don't do that much cold water diving, so I'm not looking to drop $2.5-$3K + for a suit. Pretty much lake diving in the colder Fall and Winter months. Maybe a trip to Fla springs or the NW Fla. coast during the colder months.

I have a Yukon 1, as another said you can't spell Yukon without yuk. Horrible suit the 2 might be better I went for flx extreme as a replacement but that's not a low cost suit.

I love my DUI FLX Extreme (made to measure) that I got in December, but it's way out of your budget - $4100. But all I dive is cold water.

Seaskin should be considered.
www.seaskin.co.uk

Very inexpensive, high quality, and extremely customizable.
Seaskin Nova drysuit review

You can get a suit with everything you want for 900-1200 US

l'll check on those too. I've hear some good things about them. Do you own a Seaskin suit? I'm leary of the shipping charges from the UK. I've heard of one person who had to pay $400+ to FEDX
I guess to ship it by mail to save money.

Thanks

My seaskin is on order :) it should be in at the end of the month. I did a ton of research before choosing this DS and you cannot beat the price (with great quality).

My seaskin is on order :) it should be in at the end of the month. I did a ton of research before choosing this DS and you cannot beat the price (with great quality).

Great! Please let know know how you like it when it comes in. What shipping option did you chose?
I have a cloth tape measure, I guess the opposite side from the inch measurement is in cm

l'll check on those too. I've hear some good things about them. Do you own a Seaskin suit? I'm leary of the shipping charges from the UK. I've heard of one person who had to pay $400+ to FEDX
I guess to ship it by mail to save money.

Thanks

Seaskin only ships by FedEx. You have no choice in the matter. I had a discussion with someone on SB about this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom