Best Masks for Narrow/Small Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwmerrill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife is having issues finding a mask that fits narrow/small head. Her current mask is performing OK, but she feels that the depth of the skirt is giving her a "tunnel affect". Is there a reasonably priced mask available that, perhaps, brings the lenses closer to her face while giving her sufficient seal?

Thanks,
MwM

I have a small head & face. I wear a Cressi Lince mask, and many small faced people seem happy in the scubapro scout. She could also try one of the new frameless models with a clear silicone skirt, but those are more expensive than the two I mentioned.

http://www.cressi.it/Catalogue/Details.asp?id=63

My wife is having issues finding a mask that fits narrow/small head. Her current mask is performing OK, but she feels that the depth of the skirt is giving her a "tunnel affect". Is there a reasonably priced mask available that, perhaps, brings the lenses closer to her face while giving her sufficient seal?

Thanks,
MwM

ScubaPro Scout. My wife has a small face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue, and found that the Scubapro Scout worked well. The Scubapro Spectra Mini appears to very similar with slightly larger lenses. The low volume makes it easy to clear. A quick ScubaBoard search for the term Scubapro Scout will show many recomendations for this Mask. I'm sure there are others available, but be sure to try it before she makes a purchase.

Panoramic Jr from Scuba Max is inexpensive and works very well for both narrow and vertically challenged faces.

Get it in a clear frame and the extra light will trick her mind into feeling like she is in a bigger place.

A couple of more choices that might work are the Atomic Aquatics masks (they offer 2 sizes) and the Apollo Bio Mask....and the Poseidon "Modesty' mask, although I'm not sure if the Poseidon mask is still in production anymore.

I also have a narrow face and had a hard time finding a mask that fit well after trying on over 30 something masks from 3 different dive shops I narrowed it down to the Riffe Mantis, Tusa Serene, Tusa Powerview.
Tusa Serene being the winner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom