Best Manual Log Book?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtnpaul

Reaction score
I want to buy one from my sister (she doesn't have a computer, and currently is not planning on getting one), the one she got with the Open Water class is pretty poor. Which one would you suggest?

If this has already been covered in some thread, my apologies. The search function on this site seem pretty poor (it returned too many irrelevant topics).

Get a plain lined record book from an office supply store. She can list any thing she feels important. Also, it's very flexible, she can write as much or as little as she wants about each dive. If there's lots to tell, she can use several pages for one dive. If not, she can use one page for several dives. If she wants to attach photos or make sketches, she has the room to do so.

Check Divers Direct. I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking about the log book pages itself. The design of the pages to keep your dive records. If you are talking about the binder itself, I use a zipper one I bought at Divers Direct. It is really nice and holds everything really nice. Here is a link to the log books.

Click here ----->[red]Log Book[/red]

murphdivers286:
Check Divers Direct. I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking about the log book pages itself. The design of the pages to keep your dive records. If you are talking about the binder itself, I use a zipper one I bought at Divers Direct. It is really nice and holds everything really nice. Here is a link to the log books.

Click here ----->[red]Log Book[/red]

Looks like the same one I use.

On the front inside there are places for your c-cards (DAN card too), pen, pencil, etc.. The back has a mesh pocket that I keep dive tables and other stuff in. Zippers closed.

I think it's made by Trident... different companies dive log pages can fit in it. But, I it came with Trident pages which suit my needs.

Walter:
Get a plain lined record book from an office supply store. She can list any thing she feels important. Also, it's very flexible, she can write as much or as little as she wants about each dive. If there's lots to tell, she can use several pages for one dive. If not, she can use one page for several dives. If she wants to attach photos or make sketches, she has the room to do so.

I second the hardbound lined record book - the A5 sized ones have served me well over the past few years and they allow you to be flexible: from one page with several one-line-comments-per-dive to a twin page spread with maps and diagrams.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Alternatively, I recommend the one commonly available at many LDS, made by Innovative Scuba Concepts. It is a black, zippered, nylon, binder style package that is approximately 10" x 7.5", with insertable 3 hole punched formatted log pages (2 to a sheet). It holds 10 C-cards, 2 pens and has a velcro closable pocket. It also has a snap-bolt for keys and a web pocket for plastic dive tables, etc. It is reasonably priced and is void of any dive shop or certification logos (other than a small dive flag). I like the discrete professional look, content flexibility and the ease of keeping it clean.

I would recommend the note book, just as Walter and others have mentioned. I use a 3 ring binder, the one that uses the half sheets. I have designed my own page format and just print off refills as I need them. My daughter loves to cut the sheets in half for me and hole punch them. It works great and is inexpensive. I look at my log book as more of a scrap book, so I don't want to be confined by the small preprinted log books.

Cheers,

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom