Best Luzon Diving and budget SCUBA resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

Question: Where is the best diving on Luzon?

Also, we discovered a beautiful little island resort near Roxas Palawan called "Modessa". They have nice sandy beaches, beautiful coral, and a dive shop. The place only has space for about 30-40 guests probably, is very rustic and also affordable. However, we'll be staying on Luzon this trip rather than Palawan, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a similar resort there?

Looking for something:
1. Inexpensive
2. Quiet
3. Dive shop
4. Luzon island

I hope someone can point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Ted

Hi Ted,

If your into historic wreck diving at all, Subic Bay wreck diving is the most diverse in the Philippines with almost 20 primary dive sites including warships, landing craft, aircraft, half tracks and a even few reefs dives. The general area boasts a large selection of resorts from all levels of class, price and amenities.

Subic is about a 3 - 5 hour drive from Manila Airport, depending on Manila traffic and easily accessible by public transportation. The area also has a lot of other attractions other then diving.

If you need any information at all, give me a hollar, I am happy to help.

Cheers Ken

Hi Ted,

If your into historic wreck diving at all, Subic Bay wreck diving is the most diverse in the Philippines with almost 20 primary dive sites including warships, landing craft, aircraft, half tracks and a even few reefs dives. The general area boasts a large selection of resorts from all levels of class, price and amenities.

Subic is about a 3 - 5 hour drive from Manila Airport, depending on Manila traffic and easily accessible by public transportation. The area also has a lot of other attractions other then diving.

If you need any information at all, give me a hollar, I am happy to help.

Cheers Ken
Thank you!

Hello!

You may want to try Bus Stop dive resort in San Pablo, Batangas. It's in the Anilao area; "Anilao" has pretty much become a blanket term for the diving region in that area though Anilao really just pertains to two barangays/towns.
They offer a 2-day unli tanks/shore dive package with AC room, 4 meals and 1 snack for P3.8k per head. Gear rental would be P1k for two days, and I think their DM rates are P800 per dive. It's only accessible by boat, and it's not cramped even when there are a lot of customers staying in. It may not be as cozy as Bonito, but it's the cheapest diving I've done and the resort is pretty decent. For those familiar, it's in the Dive n Trek area.

Bus Stop Dive Resort

Jose

Thank you Jose, I'll check them out, sounds like an interesting option!

Lubang Island although not on Luzon Island but reachable by public ferry. There used to be a dive operator there however not sure if it is still in operation.
Ocean Deep up in La Union is certainly quiet.

Dive & Trek is great with fixed rates for Divers/Non-divers. Food is included (4 meals), excellent and plentiful. Diver rate includes unlim air fills for shore dives. Sites available include House Reef with giant clams, The Bat Cave with lots of variery, Grotto has a statue of Virgin Mary, and great reef at safety stop. Rooms are dated, but functional. It's my go-to for Anilao. 2.5 hour drive from southern Metro Manila to parking area, then 12 min boat ride to D&T.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom