Best hotel in Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I started the thread asking about the Alhambra, but thought the big, wide board might know better, so...

We're looking for recommendations on a hotel in Playa. We want a nice room for two with AC and good access to the beach, at the best possible price.

Any suggestions? What's the best value in PDC?

Thanks

I have been to PDC a few times, but, not in hotels. A good website to do some search and get opinions for PDC travel is www.playaguide.com. There is a very active web board there. However, most of the posts are regarding All-Inclusive resorts. I guess some people don't like leaving the compound and they like eating at the same place everyday. Look into the Playa Maya and Villa Catarina. The latter is a block off the beach and their Treetop suite is nice.

Stayed at the Treetops, which is maybe a block from the beach and directly across the street from Dive Mike (an excellent op). The hotel wasnt fabulous but served our needs-- a place to shower and sleep, and the a/c worked great. We are staying at Playa Maya in April, I've heard good and bad... we'll see!

www.donemilione.com

Check this out and see if it meets your needs. I stopped in 2 weeks ago and checked it out. Nice and clean, good AC, room safe. Between 5th ave and the beach.

Frank

We love staying at PdC as there is lots to do if you want it. Try Shangri la Caribe ( http://www.shangrilacaribe.net/) if you want a nice place close the the beach. Step out of your front door right on the sand. Food was good and it's close to 5th ave (short cab ride or nice walk). Cyan Ha dive shop is right on site and they go to some great sites. The resort is mostly frequented by Europeans (Spain, England and France). Be sure to request an ocean front room.

Best of luck in your search and vacation.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom