Best fitting wetsuits for girls with boobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll keep that in mind.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Okay everyone, first off, thanks so much for responding! We just launched and the feedback is really great!

Most of the questions seem to be about our material, so here goes. We call our material Bioprene, but it is offically called Yamamoto neoprene, which is pretty much the highest quality neoprene on the market today. This is one of the reasons we found the material in the first place. Also, it is eco-friendly. All of the neoprene you dive in is most likely derived from petrol, we are trying to get the dive world off petrol dependance. Most people do not even know that they are diving in a suit made from petrol!

Now, some of you have been saying that as our material is stretchier, it means it compresses more. I am not sure where you are getting your information, but compression has more to do with the cell structure of neoprene, not with how much it stretches. The cell structure of Yamamoto neoprene is such that it actually compresses less, which means if takes on less water. It actually feels pretty much the same in or out of water as each cell is injected with nitrogen. Now, this does make the suits more buoyant, which I think was one question as well. Yamamoto says it nicely: "The closed cells are packed together at an extremely high density and each individual cell is filled with nitrogen gas to prevent water penetration and increase heat retention. The nitrogen closed cell content is over 92% — 23% higher than most competing materials — and with virtually no water absorption means the weight of this rubber remains nearly identical in wet or dry conditions, giving you more warmth than thicker wetsuits without the weight. "

Here you can have a look at Body Glove and Patagonia. These companies use the same non-petrol neoprene as we do for diving. These two companies are some of the only I know making dive suits from Yamamoto neoprene. There are more surf companies doing it: Matuse Wetsuits, or triathalon companies: blueseventy, as these sports require more mobility than diving.

Now, the other thing I read was about the prices. Check out the links I provided you and look at the pricing of non-petrol/PVC wetsuits......they ALL cost more. That is just the way things are, going eco usually means a product will be more expensive. If it was the best for the profit margins, EVERY wetsuit would be made from this eco-material, but this is not the case. We care about the oceans enough to only produce a product that is made from a natural material. This is not the best for our profitability, but it is the best for our oceans! Our suits are not for everyone, but we are hoping to appeal to those that make eco-friendly prodcuts a must :).

There was a question about the belts as well, and yes they are removable! I use our suits for tech and cave diving, so no worries there!

As for the fit of the suits, we have been hearing the same criticism about the way the jacket looks in the pics. We only use pro athletes for our shoots and to show the mobility of the suits we choose to use a dancer. He he, she happens to be about 5 3" and weigh 100 lbs! She really needed an XS, but as she is the smallest person I have ever met, I think anything would look big on her. I encourage you to have a look at our Facebook page, we have MANY photos on there of all different shaped women wearing our suits! Thank you all soooo much for responding and checking us out! Please keep the questions/comments coming!!!!!

Ciao and Swish On!

Whew guys! Good convo!

P.S. I wanted to provide urls for all this info but the forum will not let me yet! If you want to see anything, ask me and i will send it in an email to you!

It is possible, as I noted earlier, to have stretchy materials that are not overly compressible.

In tests we ran of Yamamoto materials a few years back (and I can not guarantee that what we looked at was "bioprene").

We found that Yamamoto's chemically blow rubbers were unacceptable, but that their gas blow material was acceptable, stretchier than Rubatex GN-231N, though slightly more compressible and not quite as warm.

Interesting Thalassamania, very cool that you ran tests of Yamamoto material. What else did you find?

As I mentioned earlier Bioprene is just what we call the Yamamoto we use, some other companies call it Geoprene (Matuse) or eco-prene, eco neoprene, etc. It is just so people know the material is eco as most people, especially divers, are not overly familiar with Yamamoto.

Thanks for the response!

Any newer suggestions welcome. I am 5 foot 4. Wear a size 6 in pants or smaller. But I am a size 34G in UK sizes or 34I in US sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom