Best Fish Eye or WA Lens for RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there

Apparently the Inon UWL-H100 is the lens Nauticam recommends, BUT this only has a viewing angle of roughly 100 deg, whic is not extremely wide. I could get the additional dome for this
which increases the angle BUT its an extra $500!!!

The other lens that has been suggested is the Fisheye UWL-28M52 (with an adapter). UWL-28M52
This gives a viewing angle of 145 deg underwater.

I want a wide lens that can also focus as close as possible to the dome/ lens so that I can get close up WA shots.

Anyone used either of these lenses with the RX 100 and which one would you recommend.

Any other options that I may have missed?

Thanks for the help

After seeing some photos taken by Alex Tattersal on Wetpixel, I ordered the FIX UWL28M52 Lens. I ordered the adapter from him in the UK as I could'nt seem to locate the one he had used here in North America Lens 399.00, adaptor $50.00. Check out his photos.

After seeing some photos taken by Alex Tattersal on Wetpixel, I ordered the FIX UWL28M52 Lens. I ordered the adapter from him in the UK as I could'nt seem to locate the one he had used here in North America Lens 399.00, adaptor $50.00. Check out his photos.

What housing do you have and which adapter did you need?

Maybe I am confused (likely), but Reef's site says it comes with the 67-52 adapter.

Check with them, because they, along with other sites, state that as well, but then I was told it didn't come with an adaptor. I wanted to make sure I got the same one that Alex Tattersal was using as it brings the wet lens in close to the housing lens and reduces the chance of vignetting. This is on a Nauticam housing (Alex is the Nauticam dealer in the UK ) He sent me an IDAS AD-6752 ring. I-DAS is part of iDivesite, which has a presence in North America but no one seemed to know anything about this particular adapter, except Alex.
Now, after all this the lens will probably ship with an adaptor. :confused: I will see when it arrives.

I'm getting the Nauticam as well. I have a Saga flip mount and two Inon macro wet lenses already and I am thinking about getting a WA lens as well. Lots of ideas, but I have time since my next dive trip isnt until June (unfortunately).

One of the ideas in my head is to get the Saga dual flip mount and have one WA and one Macro a flip away, then my 2nd macro on a holder. I am not sure how often I will use them double stacked.

Hi there

Apparently the Inon UWL-H100 is the lens Nauticam recommends, BUT this only has a viewing angle of roughly 100 deg, whic is not extremely wide. I could get the additional dome for this
which increases the angle BUT its an extra $500!!!

The other lens that has been suggested is the Fisheye UWL-28M52 (with an adapter). UWL-28M52
This gives a viewing angle of 145 deg underwater.

I want a wide lens that can also focus as close as possible to the dome/ lens so that I can get close up WA shots.

Anyone used either of these lenses with the RX 100 and which one would you recommend.

Any other options that I may have missed?

Thanks for the help

Fix makes adapters for Inon LD and 28AD mounts, plus you can get a step up ring to connect 52 and 46 mm threads.

For fisheye options you have:

• Fix UWL28M52 it is cheap at $399 gives a 160 degrees fov it is not too heavy in water comes with an M67 adapter
  • Inon UWLH-100M67 plus dome M67 mount $969 expensive option gives 145 degrees fov and the best optical quality as it is all glass
  • Inon UWLH-100LD mount $940 plus Nauticam (Fix adapter) $160 as above with bayonet mount most expensive option at $1100 best optical quality and can be easily change in water due to bayonet mount
  • Inon UWL100-28AD $860 with dome plus $160 Fix 28AD adapter. Great optical quality might vignette slightly at widest end

In theory is also possible to attach an Inon UFL165AD using a Fix ADF-M67 Pro adapter. This costs $660 and does vignette at wide end however it is the only option that would be less than $950 and have a bayonet mount

Take into account that having a diopter for the RX100 is a must even for basic macro as the camera really does not focus at close range and objects look absolutely tiny. So in my opinion is important to have lenses that you can easily change in water. The heavy Inon domes do not look promising from that point of view

For photography I would not consider just a wide angle lens as the Fix UWl28M52 is priced already same as an epoque and lower than an inon. So if you are on a budget that is definitely the way to go

Received my FIX UWL28M52 Lens Fisheye Today.
In the box: Lens, Lens Hood, Dome Cover, Rear Lens Cap, Hexagon Key

No Adapter IMG_00000126.jpgIMG_00000127.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom