Best fin for propulsion small foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cinderella,
My foot is a size 5. Do yourselves a favor and get a bootie with a thick sole like the SeaSoft Stealth in size XXXS. The thicker sole causes a better fit in any fin pocket. Unfortunately their thinner Sunray does not come in XXXS to fit a 5. Some people have had to buy a bigger fin because of the thick sole. I add a 2 mm neoprene socks in colder waters.

Previous to this, I had your standard bootie and all fins would fall off because the strap is pulled to the smallest position and your foot is still smaller than the foot pocket. The strap would migrate down and the next thing I know the fin would be gone. I had at least 4 different prs of Blades, Mares, Tusa. After the thicker sole, I have not had a problem.

In warm waters >84 degrees, I have a pr of size 2-3 full footed Duck fins (meant for body surfing) with a pr of neoprene socks. It is a short fin but it fits well and easy for travel. For muck diving, it is great for frog kicking. People laugh at me but they work.

Good Luck!

Hello UNCFNP,

I recently purchased an x-small Bio Fin. I wear a size 5 shoe and purchased a size 5 booties, 6.5mm. The color I wanted was not available in the shop at that time so they are shipping it as soon as possible. So if all goes well I will let you know.

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

work on your kick and or find a better buddy

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 11:20 PM ----------

use a fluter kick you will love the ease of use and speed

I will do that and also ask you to post if you find a solution.

OK - so I finally found a fin that actually fits fits, its designed for females, comes in very small and has a very soft foot pouch which doesnt dig into the instep and sprung heel clips - Whether it is any good .. I will have to wait and see. It looks like a very standard fin but the middle is soft and the outside more rigid. I am told its very much like using the Avanti Quattros (which they look very much like) just they are shorter and lightweight and a ladies fit and sizing- here's the blurb -

[h=2]The Aqualung Shot FX Fins are the cherry on the pie for the new dedicated ladies range of scuba equipment from the worlds largest scuba manufacturer, and they're superb !

The Shot FX are one step on for the super-innovative Slingshot Fins, but of course with even more focus on efficiency and power. They feature a "V Booster" zone on the front of each fin, in place of the separate Power Bands used on the Slingshot, to provide even more power output (for less effort). Additionally the foot pocket has a Power Transmission Zone, anchoring the foot in place to prevent a loss of power on the down-stroke, which when combined with the elastic blade insert, provides a truly high efficiency fin. The fins are supplied with Spring Straps as standard.

If you are looking for a slightly shorter (aka less awkward) fin, with great effort to power ratio, then it's here and it's called the Aqualung Shot FX Ladies Fin !
[/h]
Shot FX Ladies Fin Aqualung

I still haven't given up in my quest - but at least this fin does fit my small feet and in the shop at least feels comfortable.

OK - so I finally found a fin that actually fits fits, its designed for females, comes in very small and has a very soft foot pouch which doesnt dig into the instep and sprung heel clips - Whether it is any good .. I will have to wait and see. It looks like a very standard fin but the middle is soft and the outside more rigid. I am told its very much like using the Avanti Quattros (which they look very much like) just they are shorter and lightweight and a ladies fit and sizing- here's the blurb -

The Aqualung Shot FX Fins are the cherry on the pie for the new dedicated ladies range of scuba equipment from the worlds largest scuba manufacturer, and they're superb !

The Shot FX are one step on for the super-innovative Slingshot Fins, but of course with even more focus on efficiency and power. They feature a "V Booster" zone on the front of each fin, in place of the separate Power Bands used on the Slingshot, to provide even more power output (for less effort). Additionally the foot pocket has a Power Transmission Zone, anchoring the foot in place to prevent a loss of power on the down-stroke, which when combined with the elastic blade insert, provides a truly high efficiency fin. The fins are supplied with Spring Straps as standard.

If you are looking for a slightly shorter (aka less awkward) fin, with great effort to power ratio, then it's here and it's called the Aqualung Shot FX Ladies Fin !

I still haven't given up in my quest - but at least this fin does fit my small feet and in the shop at least feels comfortable.

That sounds really promising. If they are like my Mares but shorter I'm very interested. Please keep us posted. I am still keeping an eye on eBay but unless its a fantastic deal, given my history, I hate to buy without at least trying on first. Plan to do a little shopping on my trip to WPB in May.

I also just bought 2 HP 80 tanks for their shorter length so money is a little tight right now. :D

Hi all, I am new to diving and looking for open heel fins. Went to ADEX today and realise that I have problem with finding the correct one because of my foot size.

I am UK 5 size and most of the fins are too big for me. It is either the foot pocket too big or too wide even if I wear 5mm booties. So far the only two fins that can fit me is Cressi Frog Plus in xs size or Mares X Stream in xs as well (this is when I wear 5mm booties. If i wear 3mm one the fins are too big).

I find the price for Mares is a bit too steep and the Cressi is not so comfortable when I move my ankle around. Can anyone suggest any other brand that comes in xs? Thanks :)

Hey Uncfnp! Told you I'd be back after ADEX. We found a pair that fits!!! My gf's a size 5 - size 6. We bought Gull CoCo fins. They're made mainly for women with small feet. Fits my gf nicely with room to tighten. ( straps are not tighten all the way ) go check it out.

DD

Hey Uncfnp! Told you I'd be back after ADEX. We found a pair that fits!!! My gf's a size 5 - size 6. We bought Gull CoCo fins. They're made mainly for women with small feet. Fits my gf nicely with room to tighten. ( straps are not tighten all the way ) go check it out.

DD

Thanks DD. Did a search and doesn't look readily available in US. Has she tried them out in the water yet?

---------- Post added April 25th, 2013 at 12:05 PM ----------

The Aqualung Shot FX Fins are the cherry on the pie for the new dedicated ladies range of scuba equipment from the worlds largest scuba manufacturer, and they're superb !

Thanks Scuba-karen. Found them online at a dive shop in Florida. Hope to try on a pair while there in 2 weeks..

The Scubapro seawing novas are also fantastic, they do come in xs.
I have it now for two years and for me it was money well spend. :D

Thanks DD. Did a search and doesn't look readily available in US. Has she tried them out in the water yet?

Nope. Not yet. Trying them out somewhere next month and I'll report back here. So far looks good though. If its good I can always buy you a pair here and have it sent your way.

DD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom