Best Drysuit Undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spamcan

Reaction score
# of dives
OK, I know this is very subjective - it varies greatly per person. But, hoping to get some feedback...

I currently dive a DUI TLS350 with some fleece items which works well in San Diego waters (low 50's to mid 60's, above that I dive wet). But now I'm heading up to the Seattle area which I hear can get down to mid 40's. So I want to get a good jumpsuit - I'll figure out the thickness/heat rating after figuring out my questions below. Been looking at DUI, Bare and Whites.

So first...the materials - fleece versus Thinsulate. From what I've read Thinsulate is the more comfortable. But I've also heard they're not easy to wash - special instructions? What's your pros and cons overall?

Second...manufacturers. Of the 3 mentioned above, what's your take?

Thanks, Spamcan

I have the quilted fleece from Ron on E-bay. Great prices and pretty warm too. He has lots of different weights of undergarments. I do most of my diving at a lake north of Atlanta. I've heard from some here locally about surface temps in the high 30's to mid 40s still!!!. Georgia, as far as a usual winter is concerned, has been unusually cold this year. Snow in Jan, Feb. and March! The last few years maybe no snow, at all.
I'm going to give it a few more weeks in the 60s air temp wise to warm things up before I get in.
I have dove his quilted fleece suit down into the 50s and still pretty warm in my Pinnacle EVO2.

I have a DUI 400 gram Thinsulate jumpsuit. It is very warm, but is very buoyant, and is bulky. I prefer fleece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom