Best diving spots and diving trip providers in Fort Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tjeempie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everbody.

This year July I go for a trip to Fort Lauderdale. I will stay there about a week and like to do a couple of dives during the visit.

I am not really familiair there. So can someone give me some information about the best (must visit) dive spots and a good/best trip provider.
I am a experienced diver with AOW certification.

Thanks in advance

Hey, I just got back from a dive in Ft. Lauderdale a few days ago! There are a couple wrecks there, one was the Sea Emperor and we saw a sea turtle. Stingray ad someone had seen a hammerhead at one point (which I missed, sadly). Abbey Too reef was really neat! We caught a Lion fish there and fed a small one to a green Moray Eel :) it was a blast. My sister and I dive with some people via Scuba Network in Deerfield Beach just North of there, in case you want them to show you to those spots. They are very friendly. Have fun!

*~ Adventurer for life ~*

Try to find out about the Pompano Beach area as well. I dove a spot about 5 years ago about 3-4 mile offshore in front of Te Twin Towers. That was a great dive. Also a free shore dive is the Blue Heron Bridge Marine Park. That is really a good dive.

There are 2 wrecks you could do out of Pompano Beach area (South Florida Headquarters ). One is a deep dive ,Miracle of Life, 145' to the sand 135' to deck, Can have some stiff currents. One other is the Ancient Mariner 70' to the sand has a resident Goliath Grouper . Some real nice drift dives (reef dives)
Here is a couple videos from my June trip
[video=youtube;1qzBrvMrK5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qzBrvMrK5g&feature=c4-overview&list=UUPN3c5BeDD2xMO9ZH2f9vZQ[/video]

[video=youtube;4SxoHRjZj-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SxoHRjZj-8&list=UUPN3c5BeDD2xMO9ZH2f9vZQ[/video]

Last edited:
Deerfield Beach has some cheaper spots to stay (just above FT Lauderdale) and good dive spots. Sea Emperor, the Dan, the Hydro Atlantic, United Carribean, the Berry Patch and Ancient Mariner.... all great dives. I like the guys at Dixie Divers in Deerfield Beach, Keith Higdon is a fantastic instructor. They have a great boat, with AM and PM schedules, the Lady Go Diver. Scuba Diving Gear, Classes and Everything To Get You Underwater from www.dixiediver.com

Also, Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea is a good dive shop right by the best shore diving in the area...Gold Coast Scuba - Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida

Thanks for all the information. Keep it in mind when I go on holiday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom